Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X delivery Fail (Fraud?, Breach of contract?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes he ordered inventory car that has 50miles.
Would you say any of the car dearlershop can loan inventory car even its taken to somebody?
Yes. Any dealer car on the lot can be grabbed by a salesman for a test drive. They, of course, try to not drive sold cars. But mistakes happen.

But any car on a typical dealers lot can be driven by multiple people and still sold as new.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
OP, if it was me, I would ask for a refund. I don't care about the free maintenance plan that was offered as compensation. I wanted the car with 50-or-less miles on the odometer. I can't believe that 900 miles were put on (test drives, loaner service) without any Tesla employee realizing that the vehicle was already sold. WTH? Were they short of vehicles on the lot for those purposes? Willful ignorance? Incompetence? Both?

OP, if it was me, I would ask for a refund. I don't care about the free maintenance plan that was offered as compensation. I wanted the car with 50-or-less miles on the odometer. I can't believe that 900 miles were put on (test drives, loaner service) without any Tesla employee realizing that the vehicle was already sold. WTH? Were they short of vehicles on the lot for those purposes? Willful ignorance? Incompetence? Both?

I agree. Buy it or get a refund.

I am willing to bet that original inventory page had the correct mileage and the "50 miles" comes from the standard mvpa Tesla sends out. OP is trying to use the standard 50 miles to get extras from Tesla. My MVPA also said 50 miles but was delivered with 10. I want my free pre paid maintenance plan. /S

• Love
Reactions: Amit519 and P85_DA
Wow one random goodwill now should be a company policy? ...good customer service matters to a point ..the demands of the OP went beyond what was reasonable ..all choices he made were his own ..ie he sold his car earlier ,.he brought his family only to be humilitafed(his words ) ..his desire to ask for way more than was necessary ...losing one customer is not going to break a company ...but Tesla bending over backwards way more than they need to will when they burn thru cash ..this car is probably sold already ... just not to burst your bubble when u get your car as well ..don’t be surprised on mileage on MVPA Tesla has generally put 50miles on it ..the actual miles may be slightly lower ...the whole premise from OP that this is fraud is pathetic ...there was no willful intent by Tesla to do this to him
Tesla put the car loand mistakenly and they admit it. and they run 900miles with it for 2 weeks.

When I bought my inventory car last year, my MVPA said 50 miles, but it only had 7 on it when I picked it up. I hate how Tesla can't get the paperwork right. :p

all kidding aside, you're getting an awesome discount for only having 900 miles on the car. My MS before my X was an inventory car with 1,500 miles on it and I only got a $2,500 discount. But if you're that upset with Tesla, then just walk away. Am sure they won't have any problems selling it to someone else.

• Love
When I bought my inventory car last year, my MVPA said 50 miles, but it only had 7 on it when I picked it up. I hate how Tesla can't get the paperwork right. :p

all kidding aside, you're getting an awesome discount for only having 900 miles on the car. My MS before my X was an inventory car with 1,500 miles on it and I only got a $2,500 discount. But if you're that upset with Tesla, then just walk away. Am sure they won't have any problems selling it to someone else.

The $5,398 discount was BEFORE the additional 900 or so miles were put on. After OP saw that the car had 900 more miles on it than advertised, the manager offered a discount of only $140 for those additional miles. $140 is not an awesome discount for the vehicle having accrued 900 more miles. I have no dog in this fight, just speaking as a 3rd party observer.

I thought about buying a X 75D until Tesla lent me one for the weekend and I got to see first hand how slow and heavy they are.

Do yourself a favor and find a 100D. You will get more mileage and faster charging.

And I love how overly dramatic you are with the "humiliated" part.

• Love
The $5,398 discount was BEFORE the additional 900 or so miles were put on. After OP saw that the car had 900 more miles on it than advertised, the manager offered a discount of only $140 for those additional miles. $140 is not an awesome discount for the vehicle having accrued 900 more miles. I have no dog in this fight, just speaking as a 3rd party observer.

What I meant is $5,000 is a great discount for a car with 900 miles period. Typical discounts not during the end of quarter rush are less then half of that.

Reactions: MXWing
Plot twist:

OP didn’t know he humiliated his family with his theatrics.

My thoughts are to return the car and stay far far away from Tesla. I don’t want to pay for the future headaches.

@Darren Donovan - I have no dog in the fight either other than aim for a just outcome:

lets look at the bottom line:

5500 and two years prepaid service for a car with 900 miles is a great deal no matter how you slice it. This is an BEV FFS it’s not like someone broke it in wrong.

OP can take the car or not. Tesla doesn’t need to get ripped off and close deals that make no sense. They have a responsibility to more people than just the OP.

Plot twist:

OP didn’t know he humiliated his family with his theatrics.

My thoughts are to return the car and stay far far away from Tesla. I don’t want to pay for the future headaches.

@Darren Donovan - I have no dog in the fight either other than aim for a just outcome:

lets look at the bottom line:

5500 and two years prepaid service for a car with 900 miles is a great deal no matter how you slice it. This is an BEV FFS it’s not like someone broke it in wrong.

OP can take the car or not. Tesla doesn’t need to get ripped off and close deals that make no sense. They have a responsibility to more people than just the OP.

Just take it or leave it, that's my opinion.
Don't think it's fair? Get the refund and walk away.