Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X P90DL Price check & questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering that the speed limits should be lower than what we have in FL, this will be extremely close. With 22" wheels and 80 mph speed limits, I can barely get 140 miles of range on a 235 mile charge.
Thanks for your response.I can make it no way with ~150miles range.I might have to seriously consider spending more & get 100D as I need at least 180-200Miles on full charge occasionally

Considering that the speed limits should be lower than what we have in FL, this will be extremely close. With 22" wheels and 80 mph speed limits, I can barely get 140 miles of range on a 235 mile charge.

From the picture, it has the 20" wheels. I think >200 miles should be very doable with moderate weather and speed. Personally I think the paint problem can be easily addressed with good detailing and dent repair and/or with full dark/matt body wrap to hide every thing. The scratch on the trim can be covered up with DIY after market door sill protector. The bigger question here is what kind of accident it was.

From the picture, it has the 20" wheels. I think >200 miles should be very doable with moderate weather and speed. Personally I think the paint problem can be easily addressed with good detailing and dent repair and/or with full dark/matt body wrap to hide every thing. The scratch on the trim can be covered up with DIY after market door sill protector. The bigger question here is what kind of accident it was.
Thank you for your response.I am trying to figure out what kind of accident it is involved in.I am trying to reach out Tesla rep to see if they can provide any insight.

Thank you for your response.I am trying to figure out what kind of accident it is involved in.I am trying to reach out Tesla rep to see if they can provide any insight.
For resale value purposes, what kind of accident it was in won't matter, most buyers will lowball you with offers (if they don't just pass it over). If it's been in an accident, make sure that it's a vehicle you plan to own for a long time (4+ years).

If a vehicle is involved in accident & repaired at Tesla authorized body shop what percent of vehicle value will be claimed & approved by insurance for diminished value? I am just trying to get ballpark
Honestly I'm not sure, but an accident on record will yield a hit of around 10%-20% off of the value of the vehicle (when compared to other vehicles being sold with no accident on record).

Got you.So I am paying less upfront & when I try to sell it down the line I need to account 10-20% below market value.I am not in rush to buy it.Do you think if I wait until End of the year I can grab 2017 X 100D between 65K-70K as most of the cars are coming off lease

Tesla Model X P90DL Price check & questions
Hi Fellow Tesla Lovers,
I am long term lurker on this forum & didn't get any chance to buy Tesla till now but it changed today.I placed order for used Tesla on Tesla site with below configuration & want to check with gurus did I get good deal or sub par(Please be honest & no need to sugar coat).Order total was 64K without shipping
P90D
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Light Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Ludicrous Mode
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Red Brake Calipers
No Power and Lighting Package
Autopilot with convenience features
Autopilot with convenience features
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Third Row Seats
Accessory Hitch

My questions.
1)How can I check vehicle location
2)If I want to get it financed who is offering best interest rate.If it matters I am located in NJ
3)As this is my first used car purchase what should I need to check before pickup
If there are any major cosmetic flaws will Tesla fix them
4)Once Tesla ships the car & If I decided to decline it based on condition would tesla refund me the deposit & I am guessing I will lose shipping fees
5)Do I get supercharging for Free
6)Do I need to pay for enabling AP
I am glad I was able to get into Tesla & I love the Tesla's

This is a fair price for a car in fair condition. It is a good deal if you are looking for a deal, but with a history of accidents, you are starting off already on a bad foot. Once the warranty runs out, you are on your own and hidden problems become pricey.

Interest rates vary by location, so you just need to get some quotes around you.

Check exterior, interior, doors, sun visor, seals and trim, suspension, seat movements, screen defects, charge port door opens/closes. Make sure they include the tow hitch.

Tesla will only fix flaws not disclosed in the pictures. Upon delivery of my used XP90DL, there was a crack in the windshield and dents on the hood. They fixed those for me because it was not observed in pictures. They usually are very good at pictures. If there are any flaws, it will have it's own picture so that you see what you are getting. Those pictures make those points of concern you pointed out look just like variations of lights and other background images from the reflections off the car. The last pic is not where the door rubs against the car. THAT issue is on the frame of the car in the area above the back tire.

You do not lose shipping fees if you decline (as you did not accept it). This is what my delivery center had discussed when I talked about the possibility of refusing.

Free supercharging has been taken out if purchasing from Tesla (but not from 3rd parties)

AP is usually unlocked for all used X's

This is a fair price for a car in fair condition. It is a good deal if you are looking for a deal, but with a history of accidents, you are starting off already on a bad foot. Once the warranty runs out, you are on your own and hidden problems become pricey.

Interest rates vary by location, so you just need to get some quotes around you.

Check exterior, interior, doors, sun visor, seals and trim, suspension, seat movements, screen defects, charge port door opens/closes. Make sure they include the tow hitch.

Tesla will only fix flaws not disclosed in the pictures. Upon delivery of my used XP90DL, there was a crack in the windshield and dents on the hood. They fixed those for me because it was not observed in pictures. They usually are very good at pictures. If there are any flaws, it will have it's own picture so that you see what you are getting. Those pictures make those points of concern you pointed out look just like variations of lights and other background images from the reflections off the car. The last pic is not where the door rubs against the car. THAT issue is on the frame of the car in the area above the back tire.

You do not lose shipping fees if you decline (as you did not accept it). This is what my delivery center had discussed when I talked about the possibility of refusing.

Free supercharging has been taken out if purchasing from Tesla (but not from 3rd parties)

AP is usually unlocked for all used X's

Thank you very much for detailed response.Based on feedback from the fellow members.I am inclining towards clean title 2017 X100D as it will have more range to cover my 200Mile trips without stopping for supercharger & also comes with AP2 hardware.In case down the line if Tesla releases FSD at least I will have option to upgrade it.With AP1 I am locking my self.If I add shipping to the price I am seeing clean title cars for that price.

Please let me know if I was too concerned with range/AP1.I can easily wait another 4-5 months if required

The last picture is not the wear from the falcon wing door contact point. That is user damage. The contact point is roughly at the top of the wheel well on the body when the door is open. it's typically a small rubbed area about the size of a dime. When they adjusted my door stops and did touch up paint, it happened in a slightly different spot. Then they put on simple clear stickers. Those came off. Now they applied a thicker plastic stick on label that seems to be holding up.... for now.

Thanks for positive responses.but still have below question.Can someone who went through this experience kindly answer

Once Tesla ships the car & If I decided to decline it based on condition would Tesla refund me the deposit & I am guessing I will lose shipping fees
Attached are some of the pictures I got from Tesla & I am not sure whether these are scratches or just lighting affect.Any input will be highly appreciated
I am guessing last picture is the door jamb .I am thinking this is the scratch everyone is pointing to regarding falcon wings & this is common known issue
View attachment 452457 View attachment 452458 View attachment 452459

The last picture is not the wear from the falcon wing door contact point. That is user damage. The contact point is roughly at the top of the wheel well on the body when the door is open. it's typically a small rubbed area about the size of a dime. When they adjusted my door stops and did touch up paint, it happened in a slightly different spot. Then they put on simple clear stickers. Those came off. Now they applied a thicker plastic stick on label that seems to be holding up.... for now.
Got it.Thank you for explaining.Good thing is they have a fix for it.