Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X PTC failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen what the manual looks like and how Tesla does it? Besides, I'm not an electrician to deal with such things. I just want to replace the ptc heater and that 40 amp fuse.
Yes, and I've read the power off procedure. It is only 11 steps including things like putting the windows down, order of operations, and wait times. Nothing difficult.

Have you read about vehicle electrical isolation procedure?
Ah, my mistake. You mentioned pulling the 12V battery and I had recently dealt with HV and LV power deactivation.
The front PTC heater instructions call out "High Voltage Awareness Care Points" and isolation and are important for safety. You really want to insure the HV is off and that you have proper equipment.

I hit the same issue with my Model X 2016. Took it in for diagnosis, after charging me about $300, the SC came back with another estimate of $1600 for replacing the PTC Heater and Fuse. I'm not sure if I want to go down the DIY route yet, any suggestions for a Seattle area shop that can do this for somewhat lesser price tag? Or any Seattle area Tesla DIY experts who can chip in to help me out here? TIA!