Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X PTC failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Front PTC failed few days ago. At first blew warm and randomly cold. Now it blows only cold. I replaced front PTC(both were 3gen, one was 1060432-00-D and the other 1060432-00-C). PTC still isn't working. I restarted vehicle. I'm going to replace the 40A 1019010-00-A fuse at Front junction box but before that I was wondering is it even broken if rear PTC works just fine?

I did it first time around 6hours outside.
Yeah, since I don't even know if it's the fuse or not(maybe it's the PTC heater itself) I'll probably wait for Tesla's diagnostics and if they quote the DCDC converter then I might think about doing myself, but since we're thinking to sell the X(as we don't need a 7 seater anymore) and buy a brand new Y I'll probably go with the official service. But thanks for the info. How's your heating btw? Is it still working? I your case was it the PTC or the fuse?

Yeah, since I don't even know if it's the fuse or not(maybe it's the PTC heater itself) I'll probably wait for Tesla's diagnostics and if they quote the DCDC converter then I might think about doing myself, but since we're thinking to sell the X(as we don't need a 7 seater anymore) and buy a brand new Y I'll probably go with the official service. But thanks for the info. How's your heating btw? Is it still working? I your case was it the PTC or the fuse?
Fuse and ptc both. Ptc is easy to replace, 1hour max byself. Usually when ptc goes bad it triggers fuse also. Useless to pay to Tesla for diagnostics. Change the ptc and see. Used ptc around 100$

Reactions: Cheburashka
Hello!

My ptc heater has also broken lately. I plan to change this myself, as Tesla in Norway will have NOK 17,500 for this job.

But I have seen a video and read up a bit on this, but I see that Tesla has a method to stop high voltage in the car. That's why I was wondering how you started working on the car? Is it just to remove the 12v battery or do I actually have to do the whole method that Tesla does. I think they call it: vehicle electrical isolation procedure.

Hello!

My ptc heater has also broken lately. I plan to change this myself, as Tesla in Norway will have NOK 17,500 for this job.

But I have seen a video and read up a bit on this, but I see that Tesla has a method to stop high voltage in the car. That's why I was wondering how you started working on the car? Is it just to remove the 12v battery or do I actually have to do the whole method that Tesla does. I think they call it: vehicle electrical isolation procedure.
service.tesla.com has the manuals for free.

Hello!

I removed 12v battery and HV rescue loop as seen on video.

Reactions: simps