Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X/S Price drop!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two friends who just got their EV from Mercedes Benz and another two coworkers from BMW and Hyundai...
The competition is real in 2023
If the SC network opens up a meaningful amount then I think a lot more people will choose CCS cars over Teslas. I would go for an iX now if I had access to the SC network (yes I've made peace with the front grill as long as one gets iX in a dark color ;))

Current inventory of X and S seems to be reaching another all time high. My guess prices will drop again, from current levels. 3/22/23

If they do fine by me, Tesla is buying back our 2022 model X plaid waiting to get the check. I’ll get new car, and new hardware. Plus a price savings of at least 26k.

Interest rates, economy, HW4, prob all factor in.

I have this gut feeling that they may reduce prices for the S/X again after this quarter ends. Given that they have a ton of Model X's in inventory with HW4 already discounted $5000, it seems inevitable. This isn't them clearing out HW3 inventory, they're literally dropping prices on brand new tech, so they have to be preparing to do another price decrease in April or sometime before the end of June.

Reactions: preilly44
I have this gut feeling that they may reduce prices for the S/X again after this quarter ends. Given that they have a ton of Model X's in inventory with HW4 already discounted $5000, it seems inevitable. This isn't them clearing out HW3 inventory, they're literally dropping prices on brand new tech, so they have to be preparing to do another price decrease in April or sometime before the end of June.
Where are you seeing the $5k discount?

Are these demo vehicles?

Where are you seeing the $5k discount?

Are these demo vehicles?
Just look at Tesla-info, pick model X, your state and look at the ones that say they have HW4. Every single one I see in inventory almost all have a $5000 USD discount on them. It’s the same here in Canada, we have a bunch of them discounted already. They aren’t demos just new in stock vehicles. Only the X though, not the model S.

Just look at Tesla-info, pick model X, your state and look at the ones that say they have HW4. Every single one I see in inventory almost all have a $5000 USD discount on them. It’s the same here in Canada, we have a bunch of them discounted already. They aren’t demos just new in stock vehicles. Only the X though, not the model S.
All the ones I’m seeing are demo vehicles according to the tesla inventory site

All the ones I’m seeing are demo vehicles according to the tesla inventory site
You need to check tesla-info or ev-cpo and both show which ones have HW4, You also may not necessarily have ones in inventory with HW4. When I looked generally around Canada and the US there's a bunch in different locations. It also depends on what's nearby you. Keep watching this week, they'll list more. Some may be demos as well, I have one around Toronto that's actually a demo but has HW4 in it and it's discounted even more than the standard $5000 USD / $7000 CAD discount. I'd hope on one of those deals possibly but I think we may see a full $5000 USD drop in the regular price after this quarter. Just a gut feeling.