Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will/Can Plaid Prices go lower? (Considering ordering,, or wait?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered an S plaid with all the options but the $12k autopilot thing and it came out to around $100k.

I’m sure I’ll lose my shirt on it but I couldn’t pass up a sub 2sec 100k car.

And this is coming from a an ICE purist … trading out of my Durango Hellcat for it. :)
Nice! You're coming for the right reasons. As, a long-time car guy myself it's hard not to be an ICE purist. If you've not driven the S Plaid, careful with those first launches. It's almost a medical event. My personal experience was light-headedness, like I might black out. So many have said "I can't believe this is legal." As astounding as the Hellcats are, I don't think they are a complete preparation.

Reactions: soulsea
Just ordered an S plaid with all the options but the $12k autopilot thing and it came out to around $100k.

I’m sure I’ll lose my shirt on it but I couldn’t pass up a sub 2sec 100k car.

And this is coming from a an ICE purist … trading out of my Durango Hellcat for it. :)
Did they offer you enough for that Hellcat Durango to make it worth your while? I got their offer on my Charger Widebody Redeye Hellcat and it's WAY off what I see them selling for.

I get that, but we're talking about 15 grand off the mark. Last time I traded in my first Hellcat, the dealer actually gave me exactly what I was going to sell it privately for. Maybe I was lucky.
Dealers with price flexibility on new cars can sometimes be generous on trades. They are looking at the big picture.

And covid trade prices were high. I was offered about 50% of my initial purchase price for a 2003 Dodge Ram w/ 130k miles. Kicking myself still for not getting rid of it.

Did they offer you enough for that Hellcat Durango to make it worth your while? I got their offer on my Charger Widebody Redeye Hellcat and it's WAY off what I see them selling for.

I didn't even bother asking for a trade in offer. I'm going to sell that car privately either on eBay or BaT.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Excited about trying this new thing and about putting a small dent in my eco footprint karma which is weighed down by a lot of naturally aspirated cylinders (C8 Z06 and 812 GTS). :)

I'm planning to use the Plaid as my daily and that doesn't require a great deal of range since I'm retired and it's just to run errands around town and to chauffeur mrs soulsea, so I'm going to try to figure out a solar panel system dedicated to just charging the car that way I'm not pulling power from the local coal plant or wherever South Carolina gets its power from. I figure if I'm going to be doing this I'd want the entire system to be fossil fuel free, otherwise it feels like I'd just be rearranging deck chairs.

Steep learning curve until the car gets here so watching all the videos. I regret getting the $6k enhanced autopilot option, I thought I needed it to subscribe to FSD but apparently that's not the case. They already gave me a VIN and approved my financing so I don't know if I can tell them to delete it and just pay the $200/month to have both packages, especially since I got the notice that some features might not be functional anyway until a future software update.

Anyhoot, thanks again for the welcome, and I appreciate any advice moving forward. 👍

When the $89,990's first hit there were some really low mileage demo units with cream or white AND 21's for under $89k. They got scooped up real quick!!! 🤠 🤠 🤠

So I just got off the phone with he Charlotte location (nearest to me) and they managed to delete the $6k EA from my build that way I can just do the $200/m FSD subscription at delivery. So brand new red S Plaid with arachnid wheels and white interior came out to around $96,500 and hopefully I'll get a few federal pennies to get me closer to 90ish. Seems like a very fair price for this kind of performance. :)

So I just got off the phone with he Charlotte location (nearest to me) and they managed to delete the $6k EA from my build that way I can just do the $200/m FSD subscription at delivery. So brand new red S Plaid with arachnid wheels and white interior came out to around $96,500 and hopefully I'll get a few federal pennies to get me closer to 90ish. Seems like a very fair price for this kind of performance. :)
Congrats. Doubt there will be any federal “pennies “ for this ride but fun still the same. Technically the EAP you would use the most and renting FSD would be reduced to 99$ if EAP is present. Good luck. As a former C8 owner the vette will feel like a Chevette by comparison.

Make sure to search this forum for a good delivery checklist, and use it. Make the store open the car for you before you accept.

ALU...Always Look Under!

Should be no hassle rejecting the car if it has problems. Even if you reject more than once and forfeit the order fee, I would do it rather than accept a car that has to go back for service.

As far as solar, do off peak charging first and see if you can get a Green energy plan, before you fill your roof with panels. Don't forget to check for state and local and power company rebates, they can be significant.

Now is a good time to buy, before the EoY, before the next quarterly earnings report, and with a chance of getting a '24 VIN, although that is not really important.

I find that the AP is good enough to I don't really need EAP or so called FSD.

Reactions: soulsea
My VIN already appeared within 48 of submitting the order.
I'm guessing that's because they had a car already built in my spec no?
If so wouldn't that make it a 23MY or have they already started building 24s?
Thanks

My VIN already appeared within 48 of submitting the order.
I'm guessing that's because they had a car already built in my spec no?
If so wouldn't that make it a 23MY or have they already started building 24s?
Thanks

Most likely a '23. '24 VIN's start in November usually. Take my advice and don't be greedy waiting for another price cut or '24 VIN.

But if you take delivery and the car is good, can't put a price on that. If you have not experienced "Service", believe me, you want to avoid that.

• Funny
Reactions: teko and soulsea
Most likely a '23. '24 VIN's start in November usually. Take my advice and don't be greedy waiting for another price cut or '24 VIN.

But if you take delivery and the car is good, can't put a price on that. If you have not experienced "Service", believe me, you want to avoid that.

Oh I don't mind the model year, like you said I just want the car to be right at delivery.
South Carolina is a state that doesn't allow service centers, just mobile service, so I'll be super vigilant to make sure the car is right before I accept it.

Reactions: aerodyne
Did anybody else notice the referral discount drop to 250$ off for for all models but still remains at 10,000 points for referrer? Making it nearly impossible for me to motivate somebody to use mine and get me basic autopilot instead of paying 3k$ for it!!!

We're so close to November... I am hoping the price will stay the same through the end of the quarter. Thinking about ordering in mid November to try and get a '24?

Reactions: Raroia
Somewhat off topic but not really. Im debating between a "new" Model S for $76k versus a "used" Model S for $65k. Assume 2022 lowish miles (15k). Am I stupid to go used for a 11k savings? On the plus side, the used car has white interior and 21s so MSRP of $82k in today's prices. The money does matter and I've found that the used market has not caught up with the price reductions. A lot of used Model S still in the 70s. And directly on topic, might the Model S also see another reduction?

We're so close to November... I am hoping the price will stay the same through the end of the quarter. Thinking about ordering in mid November to try and get a '24?

You could place multiple orders if getting a '24 VIN is important. You can reject once last I heard and still keep the deposit.

Even if you forfeit the deposit, it is small money to spend to get the car you want.

It would be nice if they gave the '24 car ambient lighting, or some other frill, but probably that won't be in November if last year is any example of what to expect