Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Launch Expected Ahead Of Schedule In Q1 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Tesla suppliers in Taiwan are reportedly experiencing “accelerating orders” for Tesla Model Y and Tesla Semi parts. Tesla Model Y is the next big product from Tesla, which already confirmed during its third-quarter earnings call that the market introduction is ahead of schedule. Originally, the Model Y was scheduled for fall 2020 in the U.S....
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/12/04/tesla-model-y-launch-expected-q1-2020/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Not really you have people that like a sedan (many older) and those that prefer a hatch back. We would assume they are still making the S. A sale is a sale and they most likely will produce what they require from sales. If it is a s, 3, x, y or a cybertank will most likely not matter as most likely it is the total of all that they look at. If they can get the Y out first this total should be boosted.

Reactions: UTMB
They have announced how many pre-orders for the CyberTruck and for the Model 3. Did they every announce how many pre-orders / orders there are for the Model Y? This was the first vehicle where you actually order the vehicle and put down the full $2500. So maybe less than the 3, or CyberTruck as they were just place holder orders. I expect the conversion rate from deposit to order to be much higher on the Model Y, than the Model 3. If you ordered now, would you even get one next year?

>>>That may be when deliveries start, but I doubt if you'll see volume production before Q4
They have explicitly stated that they expect 1k per week by summer...

For Tesla and for the Model Y, I wouldn't consider 1K/week "volume production". :)

My logic was that if Tesla can hit 1K/week by the summer(or at least near the end of Q3), they should be capable of 4K to 5K near the end of Q4.

• Funny
Reactions: BulldogsRus
I am in BC Canada. So when I preordered Day 1 for the Model3. I fully expected it to be late. However we started getting ours only a month after they rolled out cars for our California friends.

I expect if Q1 is indeed going to be ahead. I will have to move some property fast to be ready for our Performance Y. May have to delay until they get those darn grey Carbibe wheels added to the website configuration page.