Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was walking up to the door of a restaurant for lunch and I hear someone behind me holler, "Hey are you a Chiropractor?" I turned and said "yes", he then said, "so that Tesla must be yours, I heard a Chiro had the first model S in town". I then said, have you been following Tesla Motors? He said he was getting a Blue P85 D any day now. 6 days later I am driving out of town on a beautiful road, checking out the river water flows and what do I see coming the other way, A Blue P85D! We both stop and share compliments on how gorgeous our cars are. He had his 10 year old son in the car. I asked him how he liked his new car. He smiled. I asked him how much his friends like his new Tesla, He really lite up then and said, "they all think it is totally awesome!", grinning ear to ear. That make 3 Model S in Bozeman, with a fourth one to be delivered in a couple weeks to another Tesla Buddy who cancelled his X reservation and is getting a Pearl White P85D. The Tesla presence and the Tesla Moments are growing in Montana!

I've been fortunate to have had quite a few cars that attract a bit of attention, however the S has been the funniest by far. Just last night someone was asking about the car, and we mentioned that it was completely electric. They then proceeded to ask how many miles to the gallon it got......

I've been fortunate to have had quite a few cars that attract a bit of attention, however the S has been the funniest by far. Just last night someone was asking about the car, and we mentioned that it was completely electric. They then proceeded to ask how many miles to the gallon it got......

Actually I worry that still many car owners do not fully understand 'electric'. I've had that question a few times, and heard people say 'hey it's a Tesla, an expensive hybrid car'...

So how many of you have switched from a standard to an automatic and jammed your left foot into the floor to depress the clutch when there wasn't one?

I drive a car with a 5-speed manual transmission and I do that every time I drive a car with an automatic. Also, I reflexively reach out with my right hand for the shifter when I come up to a stoplight. It's a big leap from a Scion tC to a Chevy Suburban.

Took my freshly washed sig red P85 to the local Honda dealership to buy a new battery for wife's odyssey. Since it was -20C outside and I had the dead battery in my trunk I pulled into the heated glass covered service check-in area, an aquarium of sorts. Took the battery out of the trunk and went to the parts counter, asked for a replacement, heard a fella in the back come out, look over the shoulder of the tech I wast talking to..."hey what kind of car is that?" and rush out to the check-in area. 5 minutes later I return to my car to find 4 mechanics walking around the car, I did my 'brand ambassador' shpeel with them for about 10 minutes, a lot of fun, these were car guys and it was the first time they seen one up close. Frunk was a big hit, and one of the guys said his brother in law was trading his Panamera in for a MS.

image.jpg
Saw this in a non TMC forum that I thought was quite interesting. The Labrador retriever puppy of the Model S owner used the car's remote as his chewy toy. Well when the owner went to use his car he found both the frunk and trunk were open!!

I drive a car with a 5-speed manual transmission and I do that every time I drive a car with an automatic. Also, I reflexively reach out with my right hand for the shifter when I come up to a stoplight. It's a big leap from a Scion tC to a Chevy Suburban.

We have had our tesla for almost 2 years now and it's usually the only thing I drive. Last week I drove our 6 speed golf three days and when I left our street I stabbed the floor with my left foot at the stop sign and just chuckled to myself.

The more dangerous part though is letting the golf run when I park it and just getting out. Thankfully the parking lot was flat because I left it in netural with no parking brake.

View attachment 77746Saw this in a non TMC forum that I thought was quite interesting. The Labrador retriever puppy of the Model S owner used the car's remote as his chewy toy. Well when the owner went to use his car he found both the frunk and trunk were open!!

Haha :biggrin:. I wonder how many model s owners have dogs that have chewed their fob? I know my dog would probably break it into lots of pieces if I had one.

Listen, Sally O'Malley, why didn't you invite me to a BLUEBERRY FESTIVAL?

Sorry, everyone at work has been calling me that since MY birthday last month
I wanted to be a rock star with the only Tesla there and your Blueberry Persuasion would have ruined my moment. Seriously it wasn't that fun and it was hot. OhBrad just wanted to buy blueberries and leave, but they were too expensive so we didn't even buy any. /BlueberryBust.

I guess I have two Tesla Moments I can share so far (almost a month with my S85). One unforced and one orchestrated.

First: The Wedding.
My cousin got married down in NC over Easter weekend. The location was beautiful, the ceremony was beautiful, the bride was beautiful, the open bar was beautiful :)
While folks are starting to arrive, my other cousin (the groom's sister) came over and chastised me for not driving the Model S down to the wedding! My excuse was that I had already booked plane tickets before I knew that my car would be arriving in March (originally scheduled for the end of this month). Then during the reception when I went over to congratulate the happy couple, all they wanted to do was ask me about the car. I showed them the phone app and they were blown away. The groom, bride, and several groomsmen had fun flashing my lights and honking my horn from a few states away. The next morning as everyone was checking out of the hotel the bride came over and exclaimed "Thanks for letting me honk your horn last night!" :rolleyes:

Second: Coffee and Cars (these are kinda set up for [Car] Moments, Tesla or otherwise)
A friend of mine had been going to the Annapolis Coffee and Cars for some time now and always has wanted me to come out and see all the cars (it is far too early on a Sunday for me). Finally, after getting the Tesla, I caved and said I'd bring it out this last Sunday. As it happens, this was the first real nice weekend of the season and the lot we take over was PACKED with classic, rare, and exotic cars. Truly a good weekend to attend. Multiple Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Corvettes, and Porsches as well as a smattering of antique and classic cars. There was even an i8 that parked across from me. Best of all, there was not one, not two, but THREE Tesla Model S in attendance. Mine, another freshly delivered Black one (85D, shout out to Bob and Bobbi!), and an early White one (wasn't able to track down the owners to say hi). My friends spent the couple hours that we were in that lot walking around and taking in the sights (cars) but I ended up never moving more than 4 feet away from my car as an endless stream of onlookers flowed through asking me questions about the Tesla. I even had one offer to buy it off me! I of course turned him down. I let several young kids sit in the driver's seat for photo ops and had both the trunk and the frunk open to showcase the storage.

Looking forward to more of these types of events. Loving every minute I'm in the car, too (even traffic!).

Was giving a colleague a ride home last night so she wouldn't have to take the bus after staying late in the office. As we were driving down the middle lane of the freeway, she mentions: "I think someone is taking pictures of your car." to which I replied "Yeah, that happens sometimes." I've noticed people in my rear view mirror sneaking shots occasionally, but this was a bit different.

I think there were 3 people in the car, it was a black hatchback like a Golf. As they passed by on my left, I could see two cameras on the windows, then as they passed they opened the windows to turn the cameras back, then a camera popped out of the sunroof with two hands on it... I'm hoping that was not the driver but someone in the back seat because I could still see the passengers hands out the side window.

This went on for a good 5-10 minutes as they paced me in the next lane over, slowing down to get angled shots and speeding up to get front shots and probably upsetting everyone because they were in the passing lane. Due to the flow of traffic and being polite to my guest in the car I was cruising at a comfortable 65 (speed limit 60) as I didn't want to presume she was ok with my usual speed habits. All I could do was laugh, it was a bit of a scene. One frustrated truck in the left lane dropped back, went around behind me in the middle lane and passed on my right. I guess I could've got over another lane to encourage them to get out of the passing lane, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

morbot, I had something like that happen last week. Was an Audi they passed me on the left around I-90 around Preston on the way in to Seattle. Passenger was obviously looking, after they'd passed me out came the phone to take a picture. But I'm sure they didn't get a very good picture because they didn't think about it till later. They speed away and I lost track of them. Get passed Issaquah and again same Audi comes up along my left. This time the passenger lowers the window and leans way out with his cell phone. I swear the things people do to take a picture on the Interstate amazes me. You'd think these people would just stop by a store and take as many pictures as they want.