Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors and Ohio - SB 137, SB 260 - Owners/Advocates Call to Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now now. Law makers are typically business people and are bound to have personal interests in the law the propose. That is the reason behind multiple representatives. Chances are if a a law doesn't impact a politician they aren't going to propose it.

Interesting. In the business world, you would be obligated to abstain from such a vote. For example, say you were an owner of a furniture supply business, as well as a director or manager of a business wanting to purchase furniture. You would have to stay well clear of any dealings with furniture purchases.

That is just common sense. It avoids accusation of corruption or conflict of interest.

If I was a politician, and owned a car dealership, I really would stay clear of legislation directly benefiting car dealerships, let alone sponsor it!

Are things really that different in USA that this is acceptable?

Slow meeting in Masedonia Ohio but interesting to see reasonable people learning the new paradigm and to see the Tesla rep in action.

Thanks. I had time to watch the whole video. This is exactly the type of education that many 'land use' and other local government bodies need. If you have the 30 minutes to spare this is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thought about this meeting is that a picture would be worth a thousand words. Most of the questions are about how the station would work and what it looks like. The Tesla representative could play a youtube video and it would be completely obvious.

I love how they know to talk about the dangers of a gas station.

I actually watched the whole video...and Macedonia will benefit from their calm, reasoned approach and very civil local government (many other cities and towns could learn something from them). They will get Tesla owners & visitors who might not have stopped there--good for local business, good image, win-win.

From the Ohio Tesla Owners Group Facebook page:

"Calling all Tesla Owners - The Opponent Testimony to SB260 (Sen. Patton’s anti-Tesla bill) is scheduled for tomorrow at 2:30pm. It’s our chance to tell the Committee why the bill is a bad idea. I realize this is last minute, but if there’s any chance you and your fellow Tesla enthusiasts can be at the Capital to testify about your positive experiences with Tesla from a sales and service perspective, that would be huge! Please feel free to spread the word."

Last edited:
From the Ohio Tesla Owners Group Facebook page:

"Calling all Tesla Owners - The Opponent Testimony to SB260 (Sen. Patton’s anti-Tesla bill) is scheduled for tomorrow at 2:30pm. It’s our chance to tell the Committee why the bill is a bad idea. I realize this is last minute, but if there’s any chance you and your fellow Tesla enthusiasts can be at the Capital to testify about your positive experiences with Tesla from a sales and service perspective, that would be huge! Please feel free to spread the word."

From the comments section, it seems like people are overwhelmingly against this bill, regardless of their political alignment. Wonder why our representatives can't understand that? BTW, the bill sponsor is the state senator from our district. Ugh

I'll chime in by saying I hope all you Buckeye Staters buck this fellow with a fine defenestration.

More generally, it really seems there is a nationwide game of Whack-a-Mole occurring. Dingbat state legislator after legislator pops up with a similar proposal. Is this concerted action?