Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla New Front Seat Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ranger just installed a new front driver seat due to issues I was facing. I noticed there was this odd gap at the bottom of the seat, since the new installation. I tried to reach to the ranger without success to verify if this was normal. What do you guys think?

Anyone has this issue with the latest generation of seats?

Attachments

• Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 114
That should not be the case with either the gen2 or (rumoured) gen3 seats that are supposedly out in the wild now on late 2019, early 2020 builds.

But I have a feeling that if you raise it, it will be deemed as 'within spec', 'drive and monitor'.

Ranger just installed a new front driver seat due to issues I was facing. I noticed there was this odd gap at the bottom of the seat, since the new installation. I tried to reach to the ranger without success to verify if this was normal. What do you guys think?

Anyone has this issue with the latest generation of seats?

Curious, what was the issue(s) with the seat that required replacement?

Thanks!

Poorly latched, they said there was malfunction from the factory with the GEN 3 revision 1 seats, they modified it for the GEN 3 revision 2.

It was cracking whenever I entered, left and moved on the seat kinda like an old couch or an old bed.