Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Now Offering Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also obtained a quote from Tesla Insurance and found that for my P90DL the Tesla Insurance premium is about $400 more per year than my current NRMA policy. However the lower excess of the Tesla Insurance policy is attractive. I might switch come renewal time.

I went with Tesla insurance in the end. Had my broker get 3 quotes and they all came back more expensive. I also struggled to get quotes as the 60 hasn't yet been government approved so it doesn't yet exist on any of their lists. In fact I am meant to be picking up Friday if the government approval comes though in time as mine is the first of the new 60's in Australia. To be honest I kind of feel better about going with Tesla for insurance even if the wall charger cover is a gimmick since it only costs $850 for a new one.

Has anyone had experience with Progressive insurance in Australia? Their quote comes in substantially cheaper than others (with a caveat their maximum insured value is $10k less than the purchase price on my new vehicle, which I assume is due to options/old pricing from Tesla).

Also, QBE's indicative 'rapid quote' price more than doubled once I put personal details in (no accidents, clean driving history, safe area, etc). I'm curious if anyone's final policy is anywhere near the indicative quote their site provides.

I've got a request for quote out to Shannons too as their website doesn't show any valid Tesla models (anyone using them for their Model S?).

Has anyone had experience with Progressive insurance in Australia? Their quote comes in substantially cheaper than others (with a caveat their maximum insured value is $10k less than the purchase price on my new vehicle, which I assume is due to options/old pricing from Tesla).

Also, QBE's indicative 'rapid quote' price more than doubled once I put personal details in (no accidents, clean driving history, safe area, etc). I'm curious if anyone's final policy is anywhere near the indicative quote their site provides.

I've got a request for quote out to Shannons too as their website doesn't show any valid Tesla models (anyone using them for their Model S?).
I'm using YOUI for my 2014 Model S 85 at less than $800 PA.