Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Trunk/Frunk Group Buy (3/S/X)

please vote below(you can select 2 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to adjust the cable nut slightly to get mine to close. Try to back it out some.

Also like the other poster said you can move the whole latch assembly up or side to side.
Ditto, cable adjustment, lower latch adjustment (left right up down), upper latch adjustment, all can be tweaked to get things to open and close properly. It's unfortunate that these cars vary a lot in build quality so tweaks are required. Not a fault of the kit.

Reactions: bbk3e
I installed the frunk kit, but the frunk will not fully close - I have to still push the last bit (about the thickness of the hood) for the latch to engage. Anyone know what the cause may be?
When you did the install, did you do the manual pushing of the safety latch step he shows at 28:53 in the video? With all the stopping and starting of the video I did, I missed that the first time and couldn't understand why the hood wasn't being drawn down and locked that last bit.

I installed the frunk kit, but the frunk will not fully close - I have to still push the last bit (about the thickness of the hood) for the latch to engage. Anyone know what the cause may be?

Had the same issue. The hood hook was contacting the latch mechanism a little too far to the left (like 1mm). On my 2016 X, the latch mechanism plate has no left/right play; just up/down. I had to move the hood hook slightly to the right; you'll need a Torx T40 head to loosen the two bolts and slide it over. But before I was able to borrow my friend's Torx tools, I cheated. When I increased the speed of the struts to their highest setting (6 - hold down the button on the control box until you hear six rapid beeps) the added momentum was enough for the latch to engage.

• Informative
Reactions: bbk3e
@random155 @P3dStealth @tlr1000 - Thanks for the information! I will give that a shot and report back.
@GNFO @random155 @P3dStealth @tlr1000 - I got it to work! I adjusted the latch up a tiny bit (less than an 1/8th). But I also had to adjust the cable that goes to the frunk motor (from TeslaOffer). I tightened the 2 screws until the cable was taut and then backed it off a little. Now I get the automatic close that I expected. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: tlr1000
Anyone with model S have a larger frunk gap after doing this mod? I have my stoppers appointment the way down. And I even moved my latches down (opener wouldn’t work but still latched if I pushed it) and still gappy. Even if I push down gently it doesn’t budge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 48
Anyone with model S have a larger frunk gap after doing this mod? I have my stoppers appointment the way down. And I even moved my latches down (opener wouldn’t work but still latched if I pushed it) and still gappy. Even if I push down gently it doesn’t budge.
I installed a kit on an X and had to adjust the hook on the frunk lid by loosening and moving it to one side as it wasn't centered from the factory. Look at it just as it closes to see if it is centered and if not adjust left or right as needed. The other thing, although less likely, is the cable adjustment.

see this: Electric Frunk - Tesla Offer

Last edited:
That looks similar to the situation I was dealing with - In addition to moving the latch around (up/down, left/right), I also had to adjust the cable that goes to the frunk motor (from TeslaOffer). I tightened the 2 screws until the cable was taut and then backed it off a little.

1. Before placing your order contact Raymond on WhatsApp 852 5300 3074. Raymond is Tesla Offer's Technician. A Very nice guy who wants to answer your questions. He is in China but will reply asap. They are 14 hours ahead of us on Pacific Time.
2. Also watch the Tesla Offer install video. Note: near the end, he suggests testing the system before bolting everything back in place. I had to make latch cable adjustments on my MX but it has worked flawlessly since.
3. Raymond also advised me how to install a secret open/close push button on my Frunk. Much like MX rear trunk button. This is not for everyone, but works great for my application.
4. Raymond will answer your questions and was always there for me when I got stuck. Sometimes I wonder if he ever sleeps. All in all, it was a very good experience.

1. Before placing your order contact Raymond on WhatsApp 852 5300 3074. Raymond is Tesla Offer's Technician. A Very nice guy who wants to answer your questions. He is in China but will reply asap. They are 14 hours ahead of us on Pacific Time.
2. Also watch the Tesla Offer install video. Note: near the end, he suggests testing the system before bolting everything back in place. I had to make latch cable adjustments on my MX but it has worked flawlessly since.
3. Raymond also advised me how to install a secret open/close push button on my Frunk. Much like MX rear trunk button. This is not for everyone, but works great for my application.
4. Raymond will answer your questions and was always there for me when I got stuck. Sometimes I wonder if he ever sleeps. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Totally agree, Raymond is a great guy. Super customer-service focused and responds quickly. Sometimes I message him at inconvenient times since he's in Hong Kong and often surprised he answers right away when my hope is just him responding the next day during his business hours. Guess his "business hours" our sort of global ;).

@ScottieLV #3 - How do you do that??!! I emailed them asking if there was such a thing, but I never got an answer. I guess that's the difference between the customer side vs the technical side.

Agree that Raymond is great and keeps weird hours.

@ScottieLV #3 - How do you do that??!! I emailed them asking if there was such a thing, but I never got an answer. I guess that's the difference between the customer side vs the technical side.

Agree that Raymond is great and keeps weird hours.
Do NOT email him, instead call him on WhatsApp, as I said in my post. If he does not answer at that time he will get back to you soon.
His response to emails are slow in comparison.

Do NOT email him, instead call him on WhatsApp, as I said in my post. If he does not answer at that time he will get back to you soon.
His response to emails are slow in comparison.
Raymond said the frunk button solution lets anyone who can find the button open the frunk, even if the car is locked. I assume when you said it was "not for everyone", that in your application it's not a concern for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.