Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla order page change res # to Model X 00XXXX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a black onyx 90D was assigned vin on the FB group page.

at this point I cannot pinpoint the rationale for handing out Vin's as I higher number reservation holders who confirmed after me have gotten a Vin. I'm doing factory pickup, fully loaded so don't understand the formula

I will bet good money it's the Ultra White Seats that is holding you up. I read somewhere in the forums that all the recent VIN's not one from modelXtracker has UWS option.

I think you are right based on Elon's tweet from Feb. 27.

@skiesforme Heavy use of the white causes splitting. Adding backing material to strengthen. Will be upgraded at no cost.

I thought I'd just throw this in...

I noticed I had a vin (1884) the first week of March. I reserved my P90D 4/15 and confirmed 1/6/16. Ordered it with every creature comfort offered and onyx wheels. A week before that vin showed up I had spoken to my DS and asked about the delay of the black wheels. He confirmed that the wheels were a delay and if I had chosen silver I would have most likely had my car by the end of March. I was supposed to hear back from him about the possibility of changing them and what effect it would have on delivery date when the vin showed up. I still haven't heard back from him yet.

On a side note, there have been two P90Ds delivered in the last two months within a few blocks of my house. One of them is directly across the street/corner (we're in a cul-de-sac) from me that other than having silver wheels and white seats, looks like what I ordered. It is what I ordered. We see each other all of the time, go to the same functions/parties, have kids (me 3, her 4) the within the same age ranges, and so on. We never talk cars though, we talk kids, houses/renovations and the neighborhood. Needless to say, I've been in hers, I love it and I'm very happy with what I've ordered. The other X is around the corner about 2ish blocks from us but we don't know them. It's a red one. Ours are both blue and will basically pull in to park opposite each other. And we are usually coming and going at about the same time. Pretty crazy...

Just got my Vin 21XX as well. In the hidden code it says late march to april.

Fully loaded 90D with 22" black onyx wheels, basic tow hitch and no subzero

Cali delivery

My 70D says Late December, 1969 I took my delivery 47 years ago (FIRST!!!)
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 6.34.37 PM.png

Search for Estimated Delivery

My VIN is 16XX I called on the 3rd and they said it was already in production (I don't believe them because my page still says production queue). Well this is what mine says;

Estimated Delivery</h4><p class="section-description"></p><p class="section-description">You’ll be scheduled for an exact date and time closer to delivery.