Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla ordered the wrong size tires for my rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a service appointment today to get my tires replaced, and going into it I know they ordered 19" tires for my 21" wheels. I tried to alert them to that fact as soon as I noticed it on the service agreement they wanted me to sign last week. I didn't sign that, and responded back to the guy via text that they were the wrong size tires. Never heard back. Went into the app and changed my appointment, uploaded pics of wheels/tires that show the size, and stated the error there. Never heard back. Late last week I tried calling the service center I would be taking my car to, but I could not get in touch with anyone, or find a way to leave a message.
I'm hoping they will have some 21" tires in stock... Not sure why Tesla ordered the wrong size, these are the wheels that the car had on when it was delivered to me. Anyone else had this happen?

On my previous car, and Infinity G37 I would buy the tires off of tirerack, ship them to my house, and then put them in the back and take them to Firestone or some similar place to be installed. But I'm not sure I can even get all 4 tires in the back of the S, they are pretty big.

On my previous car, and Infinity G37 I would buy the tires off of tirerack, ship them to my house, and then put them in the back and take them to Firestone or some similar place to be installed. But I'm not sure I can even get all 4 tires in the back of the S, they are pretty big.
Four tires (or wheels and tires) fit perfectly well in a Model S. As others have stated above, there are better sources for tires than Tesla (availability/warranty/cost) — Good luck.

We've actually fit two sets of staggered 21" Arachnids (wheels+tires) in a Model S:

20170710_174908.jpg

:cool::cool:

no problem. Even a set of staggered 21’s fit. I know ‘cause I’ve done it :cool:

Reactions: BrokerDon
So I have a service appointment today to get my tires replaced, and going into it I know they ordered 19" tires for my 21" wheels. I tried to alert them to that fact as soon as I noticed it on the service agreement they wanted me to sign last week. I didn't sign that, and responded back to the guy via text that they were the wrong size tires. Never heard back. Went into the app and changed my appointment, uploaded pics of wheels/tires that show the size, and stated the error there. Never heard back. Late last week I tried calling the service center I would be taking my car to, but I could not get in touch with anyone, or find a way to leave a message.
I'm hoping they will have some 21" tires in stock... Not sure why Tesla ordered the wrong size, these are the wheels that the car had on when it was delivered to me. Anyone else had this happen?

so they made a mistake? they're either a) ordering new tires for you and waiting for them to arrive or b) don't care and are just going to ignore you. but, 100% they aren't going to fit 19" tires to your 21s. so, sit and wait?