Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owes me a refund, and my Registration is late

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got down to the last week of my temporary registration I emailed them and asked for the status. They said it takes 30 days, but the later that night I got an email with my new registration. I’m guessing you’ve already done that though.

On any Tesla I purchased, there was about $200 due for the registration and title that was overpaid. 4-6 weeks after delivery, the check showed up, each time. No explanation but after 3 Tesla's, I got it now.
Thanks for your reply. It's kind of funny because the salesperson I spoke with (William) said the check might even be in my mailbox before I got home from picking up the car. Of course I didn't believe him but...4-6 weeks?! Seems pretty bad doesn't it?! The other thing that concerns me though, is that the AZ MVD still shows the X on my account and doesn't show the Y at all.

When I got down to the last week of my temporary registration I emailed them and asked for the status. They said it takes 30 days, but the later that night I got an email with my new registration. I’m guessing you’ve already done that though.
Actually I found the car already registered on the Az MVD web site and so I registered for personalized plates, which I was going to do anyhow. That takes Tesla out of the loop and now I have a new registration and will soon have have the personalized plates directly from the MVD. But, of course, I'm still well beyond 30 days for the original plates which are nowhere to be seen???

Interesting. I received my registration packet from Tesla in one week from delivery of my vehicle.

I paid my taxes at the courthouse and received my plates the same day.

Also, my inspection was only good for 1 year, not 2 years.

You're in Arizona? Yeah, according to this Tesla does your registration for you. I'd text them and ask why the delay.

I'm in South Carolina so they don't register for me or pay my sales tax. They UPS'd all my documents though 3 weeks later which had all my DMV forms pre-filled out with their info, which was nice. All I had to do was go to the DMV and hand them in (and pay sales tax & reg fees) to get my plates etc.