Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The assumption that SRs will come before AWD or vice-versa shouldn't be taken as set in stone.
Its just a plan.
Right now they expect the overall production line to have spare capacity and spare parts but Lithium Ion cell supply to be the bottleneck.
If that's the case, offering SRs would make sense, but please understand it, it doesn't mean full production to SR, it could be just 20 or 30% production to SR.
If there are spare motor assembly capacity, perhaps AWD comes first.
Assuming the plan isn't going to change is liable be frustrating. It all depends on how everything goes.

My guess is that all over the current owners(in the US) have had a chance to configure(or have been missed for some reason or another like a different registered account). I think in the next two weeks we will see the first invites going out to day 1 reservation holders. The interesting thing will be if they also prioritize based on California first and then move east. I get the feeling that they will send the invites to the whole country at once to make logistics easier for deliveries.

I wonder what % of current owners chose to take the fully loaded 49k+ model. I also wonder what it will be for the day 1 reservation owners. Current Tesla owners are rich, so they could easily afford the 49k. But on the other hand, they already have a Tesla and are not freaking out like most of the rest of us to get their hands on one. Day 1 reservation holders I imagine will be a little harder up on money and thinking about waiting for the 44k version or the 35k version.

It will be interesting. I think that all the day 1 in store reservations will get a chance to configure before mid March. As for online reservation people it will depend on the % of people that confirm.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911