Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Model 3 delivery this morning in Fremont. I have one more reservation left ... PM if interested. :cool:

IMG_7864.jpg
IMG_7862.jpg
IMG_7860.jpg
IMG_7856.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
Tesla sends out another Model 3 configuration invite batch despite production shutdown :cool:
Tesla is still not inviting non-owners who reserved after April 1, 2016 in the US, which they have done for owners. It’s important to note that many people who get invited don’t actually turn the reservation into an order for whatever reason – though the main one is generally because the configuration that they want is still not in production.

Over the last three weeks, Tesla was able to maintain a production rate of about 2,000 units per week, which is expected to result in many deliveries over the next few weeks. This week, Musk explained that the production shutdown is to update production systems in preparation for increasing the rate. There’s no indication that new features are coming to production after the shutdown.

The first new option is expected to be the dual motor powertrain, which Musk says is now planned for July. Furthermore, the latest invites are still going to US-based reservation holders – still giving no indication that Tesla is going to focus Model 3 deliveries in Canada in order to push the 200,000th US delivery. This represents the threshold for the start of the federal tax credit phaseout.

On late afternoon March 31, 2016 I drove down to the Tesla facility near Minneapolis and paid $1000 for the privilege of getting an opportunity to purchase a car I knew very little about. About 750 days later on April 7 I got the invitation from Tesla and on April 17th I ordered a blue one. It feels like a year ago. I think this part of the wait is going to tougher than the first. Any suggestions on what to do to keep from going crazy? I only waited about 270 days for my twin boys!

Suggest joining a TESLA club. (a first step it appears you have now completed)

I believe many clubs have group help sessions hosted by recovered Teslaholics. (there may be other online help here also )

At least could relieve some symptoms by viewing actual cars and talking to TESLA owners about their experiences.

I could go on but I think that's enough for today.....

Last edited:
Reactions: gillfoto