Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S since early December 2012, but no invite. I reserved online shortly after it was possible to do so, and live in Seattle. I'm guessing it doesn't matter when you became an owner, but that reserving early (at the event?) is key. Also, where the car will be delivered.

Reactions: jhs_7645
When I saw the news reported this morning (think I was reading Electrek) I woke my husband up :D to check his MyTesla account even though I know we are still a long wait (Bay Area, MS owner, but ordered in August of this year). No change to our stats though but excited people are getting their invites.

Not sure yet but think I'm going for the AWD with the SAS (the cities out here and shopping center parking lots have gone speed bump crazy, plus our driveway is at an upward angle from the street) but getting a M3 earlier is so tempting. Happy for you guys! And I read Motor Trend said the M3 was actually faster 0-60 than Tesla published...think their results were 4.8? I love the acceleration on our 2017 S75D (5.2 but uncorking this week to 4.2) so curious what the AWD will test out at. Wish they could publish more details on options for later orders and pricing would be nice. Might help some people have an easier decision on configuring now or holding place in line for what comes next.

Last edited:
Is Tesla done for today??? I am hoping to see some more invites tonight....for us owners who reserved online before the reveal.
Good chance Tesla is waiting on the initial response from reservation holders as to whether they are ordering or waiting before sending out the next batch. Especially if the are giving out 4 week deliveries time to insure the deliveries quality for the federal tax credit with the uncertainty in Washington over the tax bill.

I also haven't seen any mention of anyone that received invites today placing their reservation online. Every single person so far seems to be a current owner who placed their order in person at a Tesla location before the online reservations opened up.

Is Tesla done for today??? I am hoping to see some more invites tonight....for us owners who reserved online before the reveal.
Anyone who reserved online before the reveal is likely close to 90,000 - 100,000 back in line. Factoring in owner priority there are still probably several thousand owners in front of you. I'd expect this initial batch of invites might have been on the order of a few thousand if that, so it may be a few weeks before online, owner, reservations get the invite.

Anyone who reserved online before the reveal is likely close to 90,000 - 100,000 back in line. Factoring in owner priority there are still probably several thousand owners in front of you. I'd expect this initial batch of invites might have been on the order of a few thousand if that, so it may be a few weeks before online, owner, reservations get the invite.
I think that's probably right. However, I was told when I reserved that, as an owner, I would jump ahead of all of the non-owners (90,000-100,000?) ahead of me, and that there was no point in standing in line down at the Seattle store. Of course, any owners who did that would most likely be ahead of me. I think it unlikely that I would take delivery until Q1 of 2018.

Most people who stood in line are not Tesla owners. I would imagine they are a few hundred owners (at most) that stood in line and are located in California. I would assume California based owners who reserved online prior to the reveal are next??

It seems that nearly all California owners who stood in line already received access to config? They are only 12 forum members on TMC that confirmed receiving an invite....so this is definitely a very small fraction amongst the bulk of 3 reservation holders.