Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately with a partial wrap like this I have transition lines everywhere. If they bother you then I would suggest a full wrap. I've always had those lines on my other vehicles and they don't bother me.
I like the fact that Tera took the time to curl it around the leading edges. I seem to have rock chips on the leading edge of my ICE car hood where they did not wrap it over.
All this work because we don't live in Florida....;)

Unfortunately with a partial wrap like this I have transition lines everywhere. If they bother you then I would suggest a full wrap. I've always had those lines on my other vehicles and they don't bother me.
I like the fact that Tera took the time to curl it around the leading edges. I seem to have rock chips on the leading edge of my ICE car hood where they did not wrap it over.
All this work because we don't live in Florida....;)
I had planned on a full wrap, or at least a full wrap of any panels wrapped, however if she can't do that, I may have to choose someone else.

I had planned on a full wrap, or at least a full wrap of any panels wrapped, however if she can't do that, I may have to choose someone else.

Perhaps now that she has experience with a Model S, she can source larger sheets of film to do a full hood wrap. If Lon12 is happy with her work, and that was the only drawback, it might be prudent to contact her and see if she can come up with a solution.

If anyone is interested in a get together and lunch tomorrow, thinking canmore, id be up for organizing a meet up. Let me know if you are in, I posted this on the facebook group as well.
We have organized an informal meet tomorrow (Sunday) at 3pm at 722 World Bier Haus in West Springs Calgary at 3pm. Not so much of a show-and-shine as a show-up-and-drink-a-beer :).

EDIT: I just realized we should be organizing meetings in the Alberta Tesla Owner's Thread... I've reposted there.

Last edited:
If you haven't tried slip-steer yet, you NEED to look into it!

This is a video of our 2015 winter Christmas adventure. We travel through Vulcan, see the Starship Enterprise, and trickle charge in -25C.

See what happens when you turn off slip-steer aka traction control. This button should have been labeled FUN MODE!

tesla009 - Christmas, Doughnuts, Vulcan and the Starship Enterprise
tesla009 - Christmas, Doughnuts, Vulcan and the Starship Enterprise - YouTube

I never asked her for the Model S kit as I didn't need it. Maybe when I order my new P125D I'll get the full wrap if my partial doesn't work out.:wink:

I didn't get a full wrap, I only wrapped the hood, the front bumper, the front fenders, and some little pieces on the fender in front of the rear wheels. By "film set" I mean the templates for the shapes that need to be cut from the film, the actual whole piece of film is much much larger than the car. I don't know where this person is getting her film from but she's either not using actual Xpel or she's using offcuts from other jobs. If it's offcuts then for the price you paid I certainly wouldn't care, but one certainly has to wonder why she's soooo much cheaper than anyone else in the province.

So how has your partial wrap done for you after three years? Do you drive it all winter?
Any non covered areas that you wish were covered?

Yup, the Tesla is my winter car. :) The front wrap has been awesome, but the little wrap pieces on the rear quarter panel were too small/weirdly shaped. They didn't wrap forwards into the door sill and they don't come high enough on the rear quarter panel meaning I have chips right on the edge where the fender-door gap is plus I've got chips higher up on the quarter panel. I'd take a picture but my car's filthy right now.

Yup, the Tesla is my winter car. :) The front wrap has been awesome, but the little wrap pieces on the rear quarter panel were too small/weirdly shaped. They didn't wrap forwards into the door sill and they don't come high enough on the rear quarter panel meaning I have chips right on the edge where the fender-door gap is plus I've got chips higher up on the quarter panel. I'd take a picture but my car's filthy right now.
Here is a picture of the wrap on my car in the area I think you mean. She did wrap it around about half an inch inside the fender-door gap.
reardoor.jpg

I used my crayon colouring skills (not so good) to highlight the areas that I had covered:
xpel1.JPG

looks great..

There is a bunch of TESLA owners going for Breakfast tomorrow morning at CORA Bow Valley Square at -9:00am.. Anyone interested to join... let us KNOW...

3s-a-charm, Ggenge, in2oil... and many more will be there. it's always a great time.

Hi,

I just bought the demo P90D from Chinook. I need it wrapped. I saw a couple posts that mentioned someone (Tera) who does this work but that she cannot do a full hood wrap. I have a couple questions:

1) Has anyone used her and if yes, what were the results?
2) Can she do a full wrap? (I texted her so maybe she will reply and answer directly)
3) If she can't do a full hood wrap, is there someone who does and what are results like?
4) What are costs?

This car is beyond awesome. I guess it will be few more years before the infrastructure for EV's is more robust.

I also have a second question that I also posted elsewhere. I am charging 240V that usually gets 32A, but today is only getting 24A. Has anyone else had this issue? I thought maybe due to cold, but it has been charging for long time now and still at 24A.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi,

I just bought the demo P90D from Chinook. I need it wrapped. I saw a couple posts that mentioned someone (Tera) who does this work but that she cannot do a full hood wrap. I have a couple questions:

1) Has anyone used her and if yes, what were the results?
2) Can she do a full wrap? (I texted her so maybe she will reply and answer directly)
3) If she can't do a full hood wrap, is there someone who does and what are results like?
4) What are costs?

This car is beyond awesome. I guess it will be few more years before the infrastructure for EV's is more robust.

I also have a second question that I also posted elsewhere. I am charging 240V that usually gets 32A, but today is only getting 24A. Has anyone else had this issue? I thought maybe due to cold, but it has been charging for long time now and still at 24A.

Thanks,
Jason

Congratulations..Red color I guess.