Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla page has changed and it shows more details , mine shows this:

View attachment 109931
Looks just like mine but stretched taller (and with cooler back doors)! :)
2016-02-03_8-40-26.jpg

I find it funny that we keep organizing "meets" on this forum but the Alberta Tesla Owners Club page (which was supposed to facilitate meets) is used for a lot of "banter". :)

Regardless.... I'm thinking we will be at JOEY South Common in Edmonton on Saturday for lunch and a BEvERage. I will have my family there as well. Hope to see a few other Tesla owners as well!

I find it funny that we keep organizing "meets" on this forum but the Alberta Tesla Owners Club page (which was supposed to facilitate meets) is used for a lot of "banter". :)

Regardless.... I'm thinking we will be at JOEY South Common in Edmonton on Saturday for lunch and a BEvERage. I will have my family there as well. Hope to see a few other Tesla owners as well!

So lunch @ 12:30pm JOEY South Common. Unfortunately the few reservations they do take are all filled, but it sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to get a table. TLej and Paul7200, hope to see you there... if you (or others) do plan on coming, could I ask that you PM me, just so we know how large of a table to get.

So lunch @ 12:30pm JOEY South Common. Unfortunately the few reservations they do take are all filled, but it sounds like it shouldn't be too hard to get a table. TLej and Paul7200, hope to see you there... if you (or others) do plan on coming, could I ask that you PM me, just so we know how large of a table to get.

PM sent, I can pull myself away from working in the basement for a few hours for the meetup.

PM sent, I can pull myself away from working in the basement for a few hours for the meetup.
Great! We will be leaving at 9am tomorrow morning so that should give us time for a charge and trip to Edmonton. First drive to Edmonton with the Tesla - looking forward to it. If I'm in a pinch I think I can charge at the IKEA? I'm staying in a hotel across from the IKEA and will be at UofA on Sunday (no EV charging on campuses yet I guess...?).

Yeah I gave up trying to keep the other one on topic :) I think for informal meets whatever net catches the most teslas, i.e. probably post in both places if necessary. I've also been suggesting in the other thread that the group we have setup here on TMC for Alberta owners could also be used, as anyone who has subscribed to the group will get a notification - thus catching some people who wouldn't necessarily be logging in to TMC regularily. Alberta Owners TMC - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
I suspect that the way we use this thread, is how we should be using the group; however, this thread seems to work so no point in trying to change it :)

Yeah I gave up trying to keep the other one on topic :) I think for informal meets whatever net catches the most teslas, i.e. probably post in both places if necessary. I've also been suggesting in the other thread that the group we have setup here on TMC for Alberta owners could also be used, as anyone who has subscribed to the group will get a notification - thus catching some people who wouldn't necessarily be logging in to TMC regularily. Alberta Owners TMC - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
I suspect that the way we use this thread, is how we should be using the group; however, this thread seems to work so no point in trying to change it :)

Maybe the two threads can be merged as it seems impossible to separate clutter. Meets can be posted in the Alberta Club "group" section where very few people check but at least these two (redundant) threads can be merged to just one?

Not Tesla related per say, but... sometimes people are amazing.
five.jpg

During todays meet up, my wife used the restroom at Joeys. Taped to the stall wall was a five dollar bill with the note "make today amazing". She left it behind, as I'm sure many others did as well. I hope whoever ended up taking it either really needed it, or put it to good use. Its so excellent to see someone pay a tiny price in the hopes of making a difference to a random stranger.

It is great to see a battery of TESLA (Word/expression coined by my Friend Beeeerock). In regards to the 5 dollars, It is great to see some kind anonymous gestures in the world.

I do the same sometime, however i haven't done it lately. I usually pay for the guy behind me at a fast food restaurant, usually at the drive thru.

I am speaking for myself, but it's always great to see pictures of the meets.

warm regards
jb

Last edited: