Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the reason's that the Ludicrous upgrade might almost be a no brainer for P85D owners in Canada.
Here's an exclusive from Vancouver... P90D with Ludacris in the flesh and check out how you know it has Ludicris... A strip of chrome under the lettering!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
Gpetti, what was the event like? I'm still trying to decide if it is worth heading down there tomorrow or not, and really have no idea what I would be in for - As much as I like road trips, I don't want to make the trip if there isn't really anything of interest (ie talking to people interested in the car). Looking forward to your report back!

Gpetti, what was the event like? I'm still trying to decide if it is worth heading down there tomorrow or not, and really have no idea what I would be in for - As much as I like road trips, I don't want to make the trip if there isn't really anything of interest (ie talking to people interested in the car). Looking forward to your report back!

Hi,
The actual customers are spread over the whole day and in the time I was there the Tesla sales staff seemed to be managing the customers pretty well, i.e. there were not really opportunities to talk to many customers (pssst, want a referral link?). The sales staff seem fine with any referrals there just wasn't a huge amount of opportunity to talk to any one. In terms of other owners we seem to be showing up in dribs and drabs but I met a few people over the course of about 1/2 day. It was good to meet a few staff members during the time and I will probably drop by again tomorrow too. I would/could schedule that around any other owners coming down. On Sunday from 8-10 or so there is a cars and coffee event at the same location. I think it was by invitation but I'm sure if any Edmonton owners such as yourself were coming down it would be fine (I could check with Robin if you like). I guess 8 AM on a Sunday is a bit early to arrive from Edmonton unless you came down the day before.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an exclusive from Vancouver... P90D with Ludacris in the flesh and check out how you know it has Ludicris... A strip of chrome under the lettering!
I want one

- - - Updated - - -

Has Tesla shared any more details on the P85D to P90DL upgrade?
Not AFAIK. I think there are some logistical challenges to doing the upgrade in Alberta as the battery has to be removed to do the work. If the service center is not ready they may have to setup some kind of temporary location to do them.

booking confirmed for 11 tomorrow, maybe i can try a ludicrous launch or two :cool: We are pretty sure we are going to go for the X but the S test drive could sway our decision.

we will likely wander over early, gpetti if you are there will be great to see you again and BS everything Tesla

booking confirmed for 11 tomorrow, maybe i can try a ludicrous launch or two :cool: We are pretty sure we are going to go for the X but the S test drive could sway our decision.

we will likely wander over early, gpetti if you are there will be great to see you again and BS everything Tesla
I'll be there. May stick around after the owners session is done anyway.

Sorry I missed you. I think I left by about 12. Glad you re-scheduled. I think your original post suggested you might have just cancelled. so you buying an S now? :)

oh shoot, yes i did i edit my original post several minutes after i was able to re book. probably not going to go for the S especially at this point in the game. us X'ers are hoping to hear/see something any day now if you haven't been following the X stuff.

the 85D we drove impressed me like i knew it would but i was especially surprised at the acceleration. the P85D gets all the attention and accolades in the press as it should but the "slower" models are equally as amazing!

oh shoot, yes i did i edit my original post several minutes after i was able to re book. probably not going to go for the S especially at this point in the game. us X'ers are hoping to hear/see something any day now if you haven't been following the X stuff.

the 85D we drove impressed me like i knew it would but i was especially surprised at the acceleration. the P85D gets all the attention and accolades in the press as it should but the "slower" models are equally as amazing!
Yes I think the 85d is now equivalent to a P85 as it was when I bought my first one. My first test drive was an S85 and even that blew my mind.

I was there yesterday afternoon as well. I have never seen so many Teslas simultaneously. The rep said they brought 13 Model S for this event.

Some pictures: Next Billion Mile Calgary Tesla - Album on Imgur

I was at the passenger seat for the test drive (85D) as well. The acceleration is great but P85D I drove last month kinda blew it away. Next time request to test drive the P85D or P90D when the store opens.

Spotted this story today
Tesla Motors Inc To Open Two New Stores In Canada

Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) is all set to launch two stores and galleries over the next year into the heart of Canada, marking the electric vehicle (EV) company’s first stores for consumers living in Calgary, Alberta. The move comes as the region’s economy is getting severely impacted by low crude oil prices.

Base model of Tesla’s flagship sedan, the Model S, retails for CAD 78,300. It looks like a difficult task to sell such an expensive vehicle and a risky investment to open retail stores in a region where pickup trucks are really popular, and the economy is facing a hard time due to the sharp decline in oil prices

However, Tesla believes that there is already a large number of Model S vehicles on Calgary roads and that the demand will increase gradually. The company marks the region as a perfect market as the EV adoption rate has been inspiring.

<snip>
http://www.businessfinancenews.com/23755-tesla-motors-inc-to-open-two-new-stores-in-canada/

Is it just the stores, or a service centre as well?

Those of us who have the nearest service centre being in Minneapolis want to know.

Spotted this story today

http://www.businessfinancenews.com/23755-tesla-motors-inc-to-open-two-new-stores-in-canada/

Is it just the stores, or a service centre as well?

Those of us who have the nearest service centre being in Minneapolis want to know.

At the Next Billion event in Calgary last week, the Tesla reps said that they are in active negotiations on lease space for both a store location in a mall and a service-centre location in south Calgary. The official word is that they will open within 12 months. Rumour has it there will be a temporary store in Chinook this fall while they build their permanent store location by year's end. Another rumour, to which I would assign a lower probability of accuracy than the previous, is that the new service centre will be in Deerfoot Meadows, near the Lamborghini dealer.

It is definitely a renter's market here in Calgary right now, especially for office and commercial space, so I suspect the negotiations will go quickly and in Tesla's favour. Let's all hope!

Tesla has communicated that there will be a permanent Chinook location. As to whether or not that will include a service center, we don't know. Tesla Vancouver stated that there will be a service center in Calgary but no ETA.
Has anyone in AB or SK had their 2 yr service done yet? If so, was the Ranger able to complete all services (i.e. battery flush)?

Tesla has communicated that there will be a permanent Chinook location. As to whether or not that will include a service center, we don't know. Tesla Vancouver stated that there will be a service center in Calgary but no ETA.
Has anyone in AB or SK had their 2 yr service done yet? If so, was the Ranger able to complete all services (i.e. battery flush)?

Yes had the 2 year annual service done in my garage so it does not seem to be an issue.