Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! :) This is funny... I always laugh about my wipers - they are a joke, really. Maybe they work well in California but in Calgary they are not the greatest. I had the wiper blades replaced in the summer and before winter they were already streaking! I would appreciate more of a spray than a squirt for the washer fluid too...
It's not too bad if you aren't moving, but there just isn't enough of a stream to adequately get further up the windshield once you're cruising (especially on the highway). At least that's my experience and I gather others are seeing the same thing.

3s-a-charm said:
For someone who likes detailing/cleaning their car... this Chinook weather is killing me!
Huh? If it's melting over that way (it is here today too), then you should have plenty of grime to clean up!! I've washed mine a couple of times in the past few weeks, so that my license plate is at least visible. But it only takes a few minutes to be back in the ugly state again.

I wish there was a miniature wiper for the rear camera... just about backed into something the other day because the camera was dirty and I wasn't paying good attention to the mirrors... getting soft I guess.

Huh? If it's melting over that way (it is here today too), then you should have plenty of grime to clean up!! I've washed mine a couple of times in the past few weeks, so that my license plate is at least visible. But it only takes a few minutes to be back in the ugly state again.
That's the problem... it's a losing battle. Wash in the morning and by 1pm you can't see your paint again. I'm going to install a car-wash in my garage so I can wash my car daily - with an iPhone app of course. Park, walk away, wash, charge. :)

That's the problem... it's a losing battle. Wash in the morning and by 1pm you can't see your paint again. I'm going to install a car-wash in my garage so I can wash my car daily - with an iPhone app of course. Park, walk away, wash, charge. :)
It's horrible, I love driving a clean car, but half of me is ready to throw in the towel and wait for spring! we've had wet/dirty/salty roads non-stop for weeks, they refuse to dry, and refuse to freeze

Ok, then lets start a dirty pictures thread. I'm sure it will be interesting for those that live in warm dry climates. :wink:

No pictures, but when I returned home from my recent round trip visit to Calgary, the car got rather filthy. Our garage is pretty tight, so my wife brushed by the filthy car trying to get to hers the next morning (and got dirty as a result). I got an earful the next time I saw her (and then she felt bad right away, remembering I had that 8+hr trip and that car washes weren't open in the middle of the night lol).

Curious what the story is behind it. Did someone writeoff their tesla in Edmonton?
It says in the ad that it was removed from a wreck, but the person selling it is just a guy who parts out cars, so who knows where he brought the car from, most likely somewhere close by, but he could have brought it in from anywhere (and as a wreck for parts he even could have imported it)

That 85kW battery would make a heck of a home battery back up pack. In addition to being a real cool thing to have mounted on the wall of your garage! Would love to see one of our local solar installers (hello Skyfire? Can you hear me?) rig that thing up to store solar energy as a fun project.

I found this 85kwh battery pack for sale in Edmonton on eBay, if anyone is looking for a spare. http://r.ebay.com/pBbOjB

Curious what the story is behind it. Did someone writeoff their tesla in Edmonton?

I know there was a Tesla at a wreckers near Leduc, someone came in and pulled the battery out of it in early December. The person who pulled the battery had some of his buddies from Hobby Wholesale come take a look at it, HW sells a lot of RC gear/batteries and they were interested in seeing the Tesla pack. Nobody I talked to seemed to know anything about the car itself and the story of its situation.

Last edited:
I know there was a Tesla at a wreckers near Leduc, someone came in and pulled the battery out of it in early December. The person who pulled the battery had some of his buddies from Hobby Wholesale come take a look at it, HW sells a lot of RC gear/batteries and they were interested in seeing the Tesla pack. Nobody I talked to seemed to know anything about the car itself and the story of its situation.
That would power one heck of an R/C car...

I'm waiting for the day that someone works out how to subdivide a pack so that it could be spread across two or three projects. I've got an '81 RX-7 that I had been planning to restore for Collector plates... new engine in the garage and all... but I've lost the interest in working on an ICE. An EV conversion is being pondered... a portion of a Tesla pack with a solid BMS would make a great 'fuel tank'...

My Tesla page has changed and it shows more details , mine shows this:

Screenshot_2016-01-31-23-58-18.jpg