Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, gives me a bit more confidence with my order haha. What insurance company are you with? how's the rate?

Yes, I think with winters RWD with the weight + balance of the car will be fine. We don’t indend to do off-roading :), just the occasional ski trip.

No quote yet as I’m waiting for TD to add the car to its database (also no VINs yet so haven’t bothered). They just need 2 business days notice to swap my policy.

Yes, I think with winters RWD with the weight + balance of the car will be fine. We don’t indend to do off-roading :), just the occasional ski trip.

No quote yet as I’m waiting for TD to add the car to its database (also no VINs yet so haven’t bothered). They just need 2 business days notice to swap my policy.

If you want to get quote it’s now in the system. I used the VIN from the display car at Yorkdale, Toronto. Their system recognized it and they quoted me.

A7056A3A-A56D-4771-884E-64F5547B9960.jpeg

Reactions: doubeld
thanks, really helpful, will call tomorrow since they're closed today. I wonder if my insurance price will significantly go up though since I never owned a higher priced car before.

It may be different in Alberta. Insurance is provincial. I was wondering as well and that’s why I called early to get a quote. We have a loaded ‘14 Ford Escape Titanium. The 3 will cost almost twice as much. The quote I got in Ontario was within $25 of the Escape for a year

I still have the unused Arachnid 21" Silver wheels w/Pilot Super Sport tires (referral prize) for sale. I want to stick with my 19s, but if I don't find someone to take these off my hands soon, they'll likely end up on my car in a week or two :) Thus I'm lowering the price: $4000 obo - the 21 turbines are $7800 [wow they went up in price!], so I hope someone finds this a fair price.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I still have the unused Arachnid 21" Silver wheels w/Pilot Super Sport tires (referral prize) for sale. I want to stick with my 19s, but if I don't find someone to take these off my hands soon, they'll likely end up on my car in a week or two :) Thus I'm lowering the price: $4000 obo - the 21 turbines are $7800 [wow they went up in price!], so I hope someone finds this a fair price.

That’s a great deal !

Will they fit a Model 3 ?

Any VIN numbers to Alberta yet? The past few days have seen a boatload show up in Ontario. Some of them have had later config dates than mine (Apr 25). So it seems Tesla might be fulfilling orders in Ontario preferentially before the rest of the country....
When I took delivery in California the TESLA rep. told me they were fulfilling orders starting from the east coast moving west.
Whether that is true or in fact the case in Canada is hard to say. Logically the reservation holders east of Ontario would have been first but then maybe they're all waiting for AWD.
Any any case, I got my Model 3 here within 2 weeks of getting the VIN

When I took delivery in California the TESLA rep. told me they were fulfilling orders starting from the east coast moving west.
Whether that is true or in fact the case in Canada is hard to say. Logically the reservation holders east of Ontario would have been first but then maybe they're all waiting for AWD.
Any any case, I got my Model 3 here within 2 weeks of getting the VIN
So you went to Cali to pick up a model 3 and drove it back to edmonton? That sounds epic.

So you went to Cali to pick up a model 3 and drove it back to edmonton? That sounds epic.

Sorry for any confusion but I have a place in California where I have a US Model 3 registered in California.
Unless it’s changed recently, no one can import to Canada a TESLA built from the US.
And I understand that even to bring a US car to Canada for a visit is very difficult if owned by a Canadian when crossing the border at Canadian customs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMSMD
Sorry for any confusion but I have a place in California where I have a US Model 3 registered in California.
Unless it’s changed recently, no one can import to Canada a TESLA built from the US.
And I understand that even to bring a US car to Canada for a visit is very difficult if owned by a Canadian when crossing the border at Canadian customs.

what about the other way around? and why is there such a restriction?