Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Okinawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is. I'm sure it will cost us more on road tax and JCI but it's worth not having to deal with not changing it when I retire and lose SOFA in a few years.
Actually EV got a break even with kanji plate 75% discounts, 30,000 yen ish for 3 year on JCI

Attachments

• IMG_8195.jpeg
    IMG_8195.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 63
Hello everyone. I've been reading this thread but still unsure if there are Tesla supercharging stations on Okinawa. I currently live in Hawaii but am thinking of moving back to Okinawa. This would mean bringing my car with me but would not do so if there isn't a supercharging station. Are there actual supercharging stations on Okinawa that you all are using on a regular basis? Thank you.

I believe the process of converting from US plate to a Y plate is about the same pain as converting from Y to kanji... yes/no?
I ended up sold my M3 in Cali and bought MY here. Looks like it will treat it like import to bring it over. No supercharger yet but level 2 home charging is what you need. 100km ish Long Island. Tesla is good for 400km ish

Hello everyone. I've been reading this thread but still unsure if there are Tesla supercharging stations on Okinawa. I currently live in Hawaii but am thinking of moving back to Okinawa. This would mean bringing my car with me but would not do so if there isn't a supercharging station. Are there actual supercharging stations on Okinawa that you all are using on a regular basis? Thank you.

I believe the process of converting from US plate to a Y plate is about the same pain as converting from Y to kanji... yes/no?
There are no Superchargers in Okinawa. The island isn’t even big enough to need one. There are public chargers and one or more Tesla destination chargers. Best is have charging ready where you live or work, so your car stays charged.

2 months ago when I had looked on the maps on GoGoEV site there was a Tesla Supercharge logo for the GarageHouse body shop in Naha. It is still listed there as available today, although I have not driven there to see it yet... I check GoGoEV for most updated decent location information for chargers.
I can’t tell if anyone replied here, but that listing is a Tesla destination charger, not a Supercharger.

Hi... I have been in Japan for 37 years and am currently living in Okinawa... Ordered a Model Y in June... I was contacted by Tesla last week telling me my car will be delivered to Okinawa in about 3 weeks. I am a contractor on the bases and am now dealing with the very interesting challenges with getting a 'Y' plate vehicle registration created. Tesla tells me that they have registered many cars on the bases up in mainland Japan, but I'm the 1st for them in Okinawa for Base registration. I have gone this this process before, but with used cars.... dealing with a brand new car from the manufacturer is going to be a bit different.
Where you able to get the white plate with SOFA license? Also is your steering wheel on the left side? TIA