Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners of Cleveland/Akron (Ohio/USA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For years now I've been a Tesla owner, and sort of a staple at the local gatherings, and Tesla store. I'll admit I might spend an unhealthy amount of time at the local service center, being that I don't actually work there. But it is so fun!! Love to talk to other owners, and spread the Tesla love to prospective owners, too.

But I digress... at the behest of many owners who want to have more fun local events, I've finally decided it was time to start an official Facebook group for our Northeast Ohio needs, here:

Tesla Owners of Cleveland/Akron

Although you don't HAVE to be from NE-Ohio to join the group, do note the purpose is to help keep local folks aware of events, and other exciting Cleveland happenings. Future plans will include a group visit to the Cleveland Auto Show, and other items.

Since there are still not yet stores in Detroit MI, Toledo OH, Buffalo NY, and similar-- you can join from those areas. Heck, you can be from Cinci or Columbus, we'd love to have you! The more the merrier. Just note that the events planned will likely originate from Cleveland/Akron. That said, please, spread the link! And join!!

Don't have Facebook, have any recommendations for car washes for a Model S? Thanks

We live on the east side of Cleveland (suburbs) and use the Waterway Car Wash located in Pepper Pike. This is a touch wash, and they do a great job. But some people prefer Touchless washes. In that case, there are plenty of good LaserWash locations around town.

FWIW, there are other Waterway locations too— there is one I’ve been to that I was down in Aurora, I think. Not so certain they have west side locations, though. We have a membership at Waterway for the wife’s Tesla these days. Hope that info helps!

Any tint shop recommendations?

There are a few options here.

My favorite spot, that is fairly central to anyone in Cleveland, is:

REHAB Detailing
Rehab Detailing
(be sure to tell them Ari sent you!)

Second options are east-vs-west side.
I'm an east sider, so my pick would be

Solar Solutions
Solar Solutions in Mentor , OH

North Shore Tint
Home

Those are technically also in order that I'd recommend, overall.

An almost perfectly happy Model 3 owner of almost 3 months (a CLE Eastsider as well).

Do you have a good way for contacting Tesla with feature requests? Namely, I'm sure most of us would be happy to see rear camera recording added to the TeslaCam (Almost got rear-ended today).
Need to create a critical mass of requests and post them where Tesla would actually take notice.