Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know ya'll, live in VA, like CPOs but here is a nice looking P85D if you ask me, and only 24k miles:

2015 Tesla Model S P85D in Warminster, PA | Philadelphia Tesla Model S | O'Neil Nissan

I have nothing to do with them, but am from Syracuse originally and was looking at weather tonight when this popped up.
Dzm

That does not seem like a good price for a dealer car with no CPO warranty. If it was in the low 50s it would make sense for a car without the extra warranty. Especially when considering you can find a P85D CPO with a 4 year warranty for the mid 50s.

here is a nice one in Connecticut

2015 Tesla Model S85D AWD

if your interested in a MS85D
If the car had the 4yr ext warranty and was $56k, then you'd be competitive in pricing. I'm holding off on pulling the trigger right now on a 2015 85D, under 40k miles and no salt from NE roads, with all the same options as yours except tech package which was integrated into base vehicle, for $54k and it has the 4yr Manufacturer Used aka CPO (but it's not CPO) warranty as I'm buying it directly from Tesla (if I pull the trigger)

Just trying to help you in pricing, and obtw that is a beautiful looking car.
Dzm

There's a nicely equipped CPO P85D for $49K with a 2 year warranty for anyone who is interested...

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H23EFP64659 | Tesla
Just curious, you all think a 2yr CPO warranty is enough for a higher mileage Tesla built in the 2014 time-frame? I owned a 2013...very glad I had the warranty (loved the car nonetheless). My 2015 was much better build. Curious what you all think...? Thanks

If the car had the 4yr ext warranty and was $56k, then you'd be competitive in pricing. I'm holding off on pulling the trigger right now on a 2015 85D, under 40k miles and no salt from NE roads, with all the same options as yours except tech package which was integrated into base vehicle, for $54k and it has the 4yr Manufacturer Used aka CPO (but it's not CPO) warranty as I'm buying it directly from Tesla (if I pull the trigger)

Dzm
For my asking price you can purchase a 2 or 4 year extended warranty if the buyer chooses. Considering that my car is fully optioned, I would say the price is more than competitive. Even with Tesla CPO. keep in mind also there’s no $1500 destination charge.

Just curious, you all think a 2yr CPO warranty is enough for a higher mileage Tesla built in the 2014 time-frame? I owned a 2013...very glad I had the warranty (loved the car nonetheless). My 2015 was much better build. Curious what you all think...? Thanks

Depends on your risk tolerance. We love our Tesla but would not dream of owning it without warranty coverage. If I were advising a friend or family member, I would ask them to not consider any used Tesla without a 4 year warranty.

Anything that may break is going to be expensive to fix and only Tesla can fix it so you have to suck it up and pay whatever they tell you to pay. I'd rather just have a warranty and not have my ownership experience ruined by being upset about a potentially huge bill.

I'll give you a small example of the value of warranty coverage. Let's say your MCU develops the well known yellow border issue. The MCU replacement could cost thousands and you may opt to drive around in a car with a yellow border on the MCU because of the cost of fixing it. On the other hand if you have the warranty, you can be assured that you can drive a car with any issues fixed properly.

Depends on your risk tolerance. We love our Tesla but would not dream of owning it without warranty coverage. If I were advising a friend or family member, I would ask them to not consider any used Tesla without a 4 year warranty.

Anything that may break is going to be expensive to fix and only Tesla can fix it so you have to suck it up and pay whatever they tell you to pay. I'd rather just have a warranty and not have my ownership experience ruined by being upset about a potentially huge bill.

I'll give you a small example of the value of warranty coverage. Let's say your MCU develops the well known yellow border issue. The MCU replacement could cost thousands and you may opt to drive around in a car with a yellow border on the MCU because of the cost of fixing it. On the other hand if you have the warranty, you can be assured that you can drive a car with any issues fixed properly.
Thank you

Dzm
Here's another one at $46K Model S / 2015 / Midnight Silver - c43f5 | Only Used Tesla

For my asking price you can purchase a 2 or 4 year extended warranty if the buyer chooses. Considering that my car is fully optioned, I would say the price is more than competitive. Even with Tesla CPO. keep in mind also there’s no $1500 destination charge.

Take into effect the cost of extended service agreement plus $200 per issue that happens to be covered! Compared to CPO warranty with ZERO deductible and technically no “up front” cost if you find the right deal compared to private party.

Take into effect the cost of extended service agreement plus $200 per issue that happens to be covered! Compared to CPO warranty with ZERO deductible and technically no “up front” cost if you find the right deal compared to private party.

That's a really good point. It's better to buy a CPO car with a 4 year warranty but then you need to really do your due diligence to make sure they are not trying to sell you a damaged car.

Wow! They have upgraded the camera used to take photos of CPO cars. is that 640 X 480?

We can now confirm that they are trying to sell a car that is black in color and it has wheels :p