Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you rather drive a model s p85d at 3.2s 0-60 or a model 3 performance at 3.3s 0-60? Base the answer solely on the performance and driving experience. Size of the vehicle, sound, design, auto pilot etc are not factors.

Model S hands down based on looks. The hatchback is also a necessity with kids and a dog. I’m in the 2-3 year window until picking up a model s so these prices are making me excited! Maybe a P100D will be around $50k??

Reactions: Don TLR
check out this price fluctuation from a current CPO listing. Makes no sense
upload_2018-11-19_14-6-9.png

I wonder what the cost of all the logistics involved to move cars around to the auction place, take photos, document the condition, answer customer questions, and deal with delivery rejections due to damage only to go through that process all over again would compare against simply spending $1,000-$2,500 to refurbish each car and simply sell a quality product.

I just wish they'd use the Tesla's own body shops for simple refurbishing as they can get those repairs done at cost.

Reactions: MC408
I found a P85D that seems to be in great condition for only $45K. Anyone looking for a great deal on a P85D, check this car out:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/754217777/overview/

Good deal!

Accident history, no warranty, I'd stick with a CPO....

I agree, I’d opt for a the warranty of a CPO, but as we all know, sometimes the quality control of a CPO is less trustworthy than a private party or 3rd party.

Does this one actually show it was in an accident? I didn’t check the car fax.

I agree that the CPO is the better way but not all reported accidents are equal. Carfax reports broadly but could have been a scratch that needed to be fixed all the way to structural damage.
This car had an airbag deployment so it was a big hit. Irrespective of the size of the accident a cars value is diminished if it shows an accident on a Carfax. I would much prefer to see a CPO that has not been "refurbished", it gives a much better indication of how the vehicle has been treated. Once a car has been painted, wheels refinished etc you have no idea. I appreciate there are others who like the idea of having a refurbished CPO.

This car had an airbag deployment so it was a big hit. Irrespective of the size of the accident a cars value is diminished if it shows an accident on a Carfax. I would much prefer to see a CPO that has not been "refurbished", it gives a much better indication of how the vehicle has been treated. Once a car has been painted, wheels refinished etc you have no idea. I appreciate there are others who like the idea of having a refurbished CPO.

This is actually a good point. Although I would have preferred to have a refurbished / fully inspected vehicle, mine was in really good condition (interior and wheels) which told me the person took care of the vehicle. A few rock chips are unavoidable but a beat up interior and tons of curb rash is a good indicator of an owner who didn’t take good care of the vehicle.

This is actually a good point. Although I would have preferred to have a refurbished / fully inspected vehicle, mine was in really good condition (interior and wheels) which told me the person took care of the vehicle. A few rock chips are unavoidable but a beat up interior and tons of curb rash is a good indicator of an owner who didn’t take good care of the vehicle.

Good points but sometimes all that damage is not caused by the original owner but when the CPO inventory cars are abused as service loaner rentals. Your point is still valid though because the condition of the car indicates how it was treated by the previous driver(s). If the car is in immaculate condition. chances are they took very good care of the car and had any issues they noticed fixed.

I've been told that some Tesla vehicle trade-ins and lease returns are in such great condition that they look like new cars. The lucky CPO customers are those who snap up such cars before they are assigned to a loaner rental fleet.

I’ll consider myself a lucky one!

My most recent loaner experience, Sunnyvale SC uses enterprise to handle all their loaners, they sold a fleet of model S cars to them and they manage it. I wonder if this is all over or if they still used used vehicle returns as loaners

Wasn’t referring to this particular car so sure...