Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to get a sense on how to value what some people call unicorns like the car mentioned in the below comments? A few highlights are...

- 2015 P85D with Ludicrous
- Performance plus suspension
- Every other option... cold weather, rear seats, tech package, pano roof, upgraded sound, DUAL chargers, etc.
- About 58,000 miles.
- Exterior red with black interior.
- PROBABLY the best CPO pictures I've seen from Tesla on any performance Model S with dual motors.
- Tesla asking price $59,500 - 61,600; changed from day to day.
- 2 year CPO warranty
...to name a few things

Plus suspension AND Ludicrous Upgrade in MCR that looks immaculate in the well documented pictures.
I shouldn't be looking as I'm mid pool and landscaping project at the house.

I hope someone here jumps on this..

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H23FFP78241 | Tesla

Dropbox - 5YJSA1H23FFP78241 - Simplify your life

Why did this car for sit for almost 2 months without being sold? Are these P85DL's not really that valuable?

This one is still here, plus suspension and Ludi for under 60K

Exactly! Why did this car sit for so long? Are these "unicorns" not worth paying nearly $60k for, but instead trying to find a lower priced P85D around $50k instead?

I agree! It's a great buy!

Any opinion why it sat?

wow! Your first post was 2+ weeks ago. It looks pretty clean in the pix. Any theories on why still for sale?

I have the same question.

I think it’s the combination love it/hate it options - Red, Luda/+ suspension and white headliner. You really have to want all those to pay a $3-4K over other nice examples.

What would a better asking price for this car have been to get a quick sale? All opinions and facts about these types of cars are VERY MUCH appreciated and well received. Thanks in advice.

I'm trying to get a sense on how to value what some people call unicorns like the car mentioned in the below comments? A few highlights are...

- Every other option... cold weather, rear seats, tech package, pano roof, upgraded sound, DUAL chargers, etc.
- About 58,000 miles.
- PROBABLY the best CPO pictures I've seen from Tesla on any performance Model S with dual motors.
- 2 year CPO warranty
...to name a few things

Why did this car for sit for almost 2 months without being sold? Are these P85DL's not really that valuable?

Exactly! Why did this car sit for so long? Are these "unicorns" not worth paying nearly $60k for, but instead trying to find a lower priced P85D around $50k instead?

Any opinion why it sat?

What would a better asking price for this car have been to get a quick sale? All opinions and facts about these types of cars are VERY MUCH appreciated and well received. Thanks in advice.

Moot point as the car seems to have been sold.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark

- About 58,000 miles.
- 2 year CPO warranty
...to name a few things

Any opinion why it sat?

Unicorn tends to be thrown around a bit much and really confined to this forum. I don't think the average used S buyer puts a premium or even knows about the "+" suspension, for instance, and if they do likely associates it with a stiff ride. Luda is also take it or leave it, IMO. Combine that with mileage above 50k and the 2 year warranty instead of 4 and you start to have multiple strikes against the car. Color combinations are highly subjective but I think it's safe to say Red is a polarizing color and most folks prefer a black headliner to grey to match a black interior. Final factor is price and the mid to low $50ks the current sweet spot for a highly optioned P85D in good condition. I don't think there's some magic formula but that's how I rationalized this car not being a particularly attractive buy at the time.

Unicorn tends to be thrown around a bit much and really confined to this forum. I don't think the average used S buyer puts a premium or even knows about the "+" suspension, for instance, and if they do likely associates it with a stiff ride. Luda is also take it or leave it, IMO. Combine that with mileage above 50k and the 2 year warranty instead of 4 and you start to have multiple strikes against the car. Color combinations are highly subjective but I think it's safe to say Red is a polarizing color and most folks prefer a black headliner to grey to match a black interior. Final factor is price and the mid to low $50ks the current sweet spot for a highly optioned P85D in good condition. I don't think there's some magic formula but that's how I rationalized this car not being a particularly attractive buy at the time.

Thank you! I really appreciate that perspective.