Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I requested them from Tesla last week. Here.

Quite a few issues disclosed on the photos.

Yikes, could those photos be of any lower resolution? :rolleyes:

While I see some damage, how much would it cost Tesla to fix the rims, repaint the bumpers, and touch up the paint here and there? They could refurbish this entire car for likely less than $2,000 and have a much easier time selling it without having to disappoint customers.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Reactions: darxsys
Yikes, could those photos be of any lower resolution? :rolleyes:

While I see some damage, how much would it cost Tesla to fix the rims, repaint the bumpers, and touch up the paint here and there? They could refurbish this entire car for likely less than $2,000 and have a much easier time selling it without having to disappoint customers.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

They probably just don't have resources to mess with CPO cars now that Model 3 is taking off. Too much pressure on that part. Not trying to make them look better, they should have planned and scaled better imo (easy for me to say I know), but it is what it is. That's why I will either buy from a private party or hold off for a while in hopes they fix it. If Rich Rebuilds' latest video doesn't help improve the situation, then nothing will.

Anyone looking for a P85D, I found some compelling deals you might want to look into:

2014 P84D $42K
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/760012882/overview/

2014 P85D supposedly upgraded to a P90D with ludicrous for only $46K
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/760592546/overview/

2015 P85D for $47K
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/758242567/overview/

2015 P85D for $48K
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/761043422/overview/

If you are looking to buy a P85D look around because we are starting to see some great deals.

Saw the latest Rich Rebuild non-cpo experience that came out today.

He found out Tesla uses auction house to do lease returns and trade in.

If so, private party will be better. Dang, maybe even used car dealers could be better.

Saw the latest Rich Rebuild non-cpo experience that came out today.

He found out Tesla uses auction house to do lease returns and trade in.

If so, private party will be better. Dang, maybe even used car dealers could be better.

Yeah but in essence he's getting a CPO because they're refurbing it for him....witness it's at a body shop and all the work they're doing. His story sucks, entertaining for us but still sucks for him, and Tesla should be ashamed for what they're doing sometimes.

There are plenty of other stories out there from happy USED customers, lets not loose sight of that.

Dzm

Yeah but in essence he's getting a CPO because they're refurbing it for him....witness it's at a body shop and all the work they're doing. His story sucks, entertaining for us but still sucks for him, and Tesla should be ashamed for what they're doing sometimes.

There are plenty of other stories out there from happy USED customers, lets not loose sight of that.

Dzm

If you add up all this fiasco has cost Tesla, including the harm done by now a million people having seen his initial video, Would it not have been cheaper for Tesla to refurbish cars as needed and deliver quality used cars like any other typical used car dealer?

It's like this current system is built to provide an awful experience to customers regardless of how inefficient and costly it is for Tesla.

Rich apparently talked to 7 or so different people and out of all of them it seems there is only person who really did anything to help him. What are all the other people getting paid to do? Seems like they need to streamline the operation and hold people accountable for certain deliveries.

At this point, Tesla is better off buying just about any used car dealer and having them process and sell used cars, as every single used car dealer has figured out how to refurbish and sell quality used cars other than Tesla o_O

Reactions: bhzmark and darxsys
If you add up all this fiasco has cost Tesla, including the harm done by now a million people having seen his initial video, Would it not have been cheaper for Tesla to refurbish cars as needed and deliver quality used cars like any other typical used car dealer?

It's like this current system is built to provide an awful experience to customers regardless of how inefficient and costly it is for Tesla.

Rich apparently talked to 7 or so different people and out of all of them it seems there is only person who really did anything to help him. What are all the other people getting paid to do? Seems like they need to streamline the operation and hold people accountable for certain deliveries.

At this point, Tesla is better off buying just about any used car dealer and having them process and sell used cars, as every single used car dealer has figured out how to refurbish and sell quality used cars other than Tesla o_O

I agree with you and I typed and then deleted it from my post as it's duplicative to other posts I have made, but IMO, and I'm NOT in the auto business, Tesla could spend $2k-$3k per car to refurb and recoupe that with higher prices, easier turn around, better image............at least provide better pictures for Gods sake.
Dzm

So now back on topic of this thread - whadaya think about McMoo's vehicle? I got those photos yesterday as well, Colors my wife wants just lot of miles.

Dropbox - 5YJSA1E47FF117513 - Simplify your life

Based on the photos, we know the car is black! :p

I could not see any damage and for $56K, I think it's a great price for a CPO P90D with a 4 year warranty.

It's a great deal for a loaded P90D. You should buy it.

Based on the photos, we know the car is black! :p

I could not see any damage and for $56K, I think it's a great price for a CPO P90D with a 4 year warranty.

It's a great deal for a loaded P90D. You should buy it.
Couple things going for it - not in NY or MA with Manheim, didn’t see damage, it’s black for sure.

Couple bad things, as usual pictures could not be worse if you tried, not facelift - but my current thought is that P series cars will be hit less when AP3 comes out than a non P, since no images show damage pure guess on real damage.
Dzm

Last edited:
Couple things going for it - not in NY or MA with Manheim, didn’t see damage, it’s black for sure.

Couple bad things, as usual pictures could not be worse if you tried, not facelift - but my current thought is that P series cars will be hit less when AP3 comes out than a non P, since no images show damage pure guess on real damage.
Dzm

You make a good point about avoiding cars managed at a Mannheim facility if possible, especially after watching Rich's most recent video...

Reactions: MC408 and darxsys