Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't mean that you HAVE to do business with either Tesla OR this particular car dealership. There's lots of used Teslas for sale right now at other dealerships or the owner that would be happy to earn your business. The sooner we stop rewarding the bad behavior the sooner it forces corrections.

This is a good point and I agree.

Basically you will be treated as badly as you allow yourself to be treated. At these prices, no one should accept a damaged car when there are plenty of used cars available in pristine condition if you look around.

Until they fix the CPO program, if a car is presented that is all banged up and damaged, the best option is to ask them to fix the damage or reject delivery and ask them to find you one that is not damaged. What's the point in buying a car and having to take it to a body shop.

Reactions: rjscoder
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bHhoWGNSVENFQVZtVHhMMDFROEUyY2dJdDdqSE9n

I'm in the process of buying it, I guess they're telling people I bought it already even though nothing has been signed. Above are some videos / photos my friend took in Georgia of it.

The out the door price ended up being 41.9, and I have to pay to have it delivered to me in Ohio, $400 for that fee. I have to pay taxes once I go to title it, that'll be a nice 2.8k extra.

It's listed for 41.9 online, and then they add on $700 in "doc fees", and $100 in "non tax fees" that I negotiated back off. I guess there wasn't a lot of wiggle room or I suck at negotiation but they straight up ignored my 40k offer

Small world :)

Any news on your purchase? Did you go forward with the transaction?

I cancelled the sale. Just wasn't worth it for 42k for many reasons, some listed previously.

Sometimes it is not worth taking a risk when you buy something in this price range so I totally understand.

What is your price target? There are several CPO P85Ds available for around $52K and some are actually in pretty decent shape and sold with the 4 year CPO warranty.

And there is this CPO P85D with a 2 year warranty for $48K:

Model S P85D 5YJSA1H42FF089681 | Tesla

Now there is a four year warranty P85D for under $50K! Deep sea blue for $49,200. Beautiful color; I had a black loaner and the car just blended in with all cars on the road. Any thoughts on what is causing these cars to be so reasonably priced? They can’t all be trashed, can they?

Now there is a four year warranty P85D for under $50K! Deep sea blue for $49,200. Beautiful color; I had a black loaner and the car just blended in with all cars on the road. Any thoughts on what is causing these cars to be so reasonably priced? They can’t all be trashed, can they?
Simple depreciation at this point. These prices will continue coming down too. Good if you're in the market for a P85D (or any Tesla for that matter) and have the ability to wait and be patient because while one may seem like an amazing deal if you wait a better deal will come along.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid

Some of the under $50K CPO P85Ds are actually undamaged and in great shape and make great buys.

I have seen some with awful damage though and the price really doesn't seem to have anything to do with the condition some of the cars are in with all the up and down price adjustments they make. Be sure to request photos and be ready to reject delivery of any cars with damage they refuse to fix.

Reactions: Seven7
I've been following a P90DL that Tesla has in it's used listings, about a week ago it disappeared from the list, at that time it was in Washington state. It reappeared a few days ago in Maryland, looks like someone bought it, had it shipped and then the deal didn't go through for whatever reason.

I've been following a P90DL that Tesla has in it's used listings, about a week ago it disappeared from the list, at that time it was in Washington state. It reappeared a few days ago in Maryland, looks like someone bought it, had it shipped and then the deal didn't go through for whatever reason.

Did it have any damage? If it did, I could understand why someone rejected delivery. There are some great deals to be had for P90Ds.

This Ludicrous P90D with a 4 year CPO warranty is $58K with facelift P90Ds costing about $10K more.

Model S P90D 5YJSA1E44FF109224 | Tesla

Looks like the P85D you considered is now down an extra $500 at $41,500:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/762249762/overview/

There's now another P85D at $43K:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/762418589/overview/

Air suspension, pup, subzero. Can't confirm high fidelity but I assume it has that too, that's a great deal if you can negotiate it.

It's funny they lowered it $500. That car is in such poor shape, worth about 35. It should have been salvaged.

Air suspension, pup, subzero. Can't confirm high fidelity but I assume it has that too, that's a great deal if you can negotiate it.

It's funny they lowered it $500. That car is in such poor shape, worth about 35. It should have been salvaged.
Given the mileage discrepancy I'm added to the history coupled with the jerks selling it I'm not sure I would even want it at $35k.

There's another P85D for $48K and another for $49K but at those prices might as well consider a CPO P85D with a 4 year warranty that's worth nearly $5,000.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/761618755/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/757606441/overview/

There should be more P85Ds being available in the mid to late 40s in the coming weeks and months.

Has anyone looked at this CPO P85D for $48K?

Model S P85D 5YJSA1H44FF097877 | Tesla

Excellent information! I'm just so extremely hesitant to buy from a used car dealer since you lose the upgraded warranty and option to purchase an extended warranty, not to mention things like auto pilot not being activated are probably not going to be disclosed by third party dealers.

Excellent information! I'm just so extremely hesitant to buy from a used car dealer since you lose the upgraded warranty and option to purchase an extended warranty, not to mention things like auto pilot not being activated are probably not going to be disclosed by third party dealers.

I agree. The good news is if you look around there are great CPO deals out there as long as you are willing to reject damaged cars they present until you find one that is undamaged.

Isn't Tesla's pre-owned program currently basically the same? :)
I bought my CPO through Tesla’s program and the initial sale was great. They forgot to charge to 100% on the pickup (I drove it from Florida to Texas) and apparently did not do an inspection that Texas requires to register it. These mistakes are forgivable as their still trying to get a program together in all the states that ban direct sales from manufacturers (Texas has some hellacious anti monopoly laws from the cattle baron days).

Anyway, everything went extremely smooth at the pickup and the guys there were awesome. One commented he would have flown in from Texas for this car, too.

The only issue I am not sure about is that they only had one key at the pickup. I’ve emailed my sales rep and will hopefully pick up the extra key when my plates come in.