Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like for now CPO P85Ds with a 2 year warranty have settled around the late 40s and CPO P85Ds with a 4 year warranty have settled around the early 50s.

There's still a loaded CPO P85D for $48K.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H21EFP63526 | Tesla
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H21EFP65003 | Tesla
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H2XEFP63587 | Tesla

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H23FFP78286 | Tesla
Model S P85D 5YJSA1E40FF119152 | Tesla

Body color roof is the only reason I passed on the 48k one

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H23FFP78286 | Tesla

Why does this one not have the chrome fog trim? I've never seen that before

More customers will be trading/selling their cars as many own cars for 3 or 4 years plus standard continuing depreciation. P85Ds are depreciating about $1,000 a month so in 6 months, they will be about $6,000 less from current prices.
So just a guess then? I've actually seen a slight decrease in P85D availability which will skew your guess IMO. I'd like to see an influx in available cars but based on production #'s from 4-5 years ago and the steady increase of demand based on new potential owners coming over to the dark side I don't see this being the case for some time now.

So just a guess then? I've actually seen a slight decrease in P85D availability which will skew your guess IMO. I'd like to see an influx in available cars but based on production #'s from 4-5 years ago and the steady increase of demand based on new potential owners coming over to the dark side I don't see this being the case for some time now.

You're right, there probably won't be another influx of P85D's since most of those lease returns have already come back in and have been resold. Sure you can find P85D's for sale looking around online, but to get one from Tesla as a used/CPO vehicle... it seems like those days are gone.

IMHO the P85D's coming to market as CPO's will continue to decrease and we will see more P100DL's come on as CPO's in the middle of this year. The price gap between the P85D's and the P100DL's should close. The P85D's are really the sweet spot in the used S market, just as fast as a new P100D and arguably more luxurious if they were fitted with the Executive rear seat option.

Yep, the P90D's have been flooding into the CPO market however they did come with battery degradation issues and were never offered with the Executive rear seating. My guess is that among the buyers on this Forum they are possibly the less desirable than a P85D.

I totally get the allure for the Executive rear seat option. Do you have a chauffeur?

They discontinued that option because I bet few saw any value in it, especially considering that option robbed the versatility of the Model S by preventing the rear seats from folding down.

I think even in the used market, you are going to have a hard time moving a Model S with the Executive seats because it sits one less person and you can't fold down the rear seats.

In between the P85D and P100D, shouldn't there be more P90D(L) hitting the market over the next few months?

I personally would buy a P85D over an identically priced P90D. Now if I knew the P90D had a V3 battery that would be different but not knowing that I'd just get the proven P85D. In my eyes, there is not much of a price premium for a P90D over a P85D and for some a P85D would be preferable.

I totally get the allure for the Executive rear seat option. Do you have a chauffeur?

They discontinued that option because I bet few saw any value in it, especially considering that option robbed the versatility of the Model S by preventing the rear seats from folding down.
I was after a luxury sedan but I am surprised at the number of buyers looking for a minivan replacement....

Why is that?

1. 2016 Lease returns are coming in day by day
2. Used Tesla S from Tesla or Dealer are not selling well.. how do I know this? Go to cars.com and pull up Tesla S. Pull up the carfax, it'll State the vehicle sell/list date. Many were sitting since 11/2018.
3. I've noticed Tesla will remove inventory (disappear) and in a few days re price them up or down as a new listing. I took screenshots of VIN.
4. I recently noticed they removed a bunch a P's this week. I took screenshots of the one I'm interested in. I asked a car broker to look for a white on black P85 for me. I'll see if the VIN they find matches with the one Tesla used had. I'll know in the next 3 weeks and can compare the price difference from Tesla used and a dealer.
5. Can't prove the accuracy in the statement, but I was informed that Tesla is holding out for quarter end to determine to hold inventory (get as much for them by causing a supply shortage), or fire drill (sell as much cause the quarter has a gap)

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid