Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Park Royal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO and based on two service and warranty visits Tesla Park Royal is the most uncaring and non-responsive motor workshop I have encountered in a lifetime of car ownership (Bentley, Nissan GTR, Audi and Mercedes). The specific cause of this post is their failure to reimburse my Uber receipts that was promised for my last visit to get the failed heater in my Model X replaced. On an earlier service visit I was offered an Uber voucher and that ended badly when Uber not only took the voucher but also charged my card and refused to refund the double charge. When I complained to the service manager at Park Royal I was told bluntly "Oh yeah we know that's an issue" but nothing was done about it. I then left a very critical review in response to their standard "rate your service visit" e mail but no one followed that up. Now they have ignored two emails from me asking for the enclosed Uber receipts to be refunded after having offered me the option of an Uber voucher or to just send the receipts and they would refund. When a business suffers from this type of malaise it's usually the person in charge of the branch that is to blame for failing to manage the staff properly so that they get away with this terrible level of customer service. To try to gauge how useless they are I also posted this on Google to see if they noticed it and refunded my Uber receipts but so far nothing. Anyone else "enjoyed" their customer experience at Park Royal?

Reactions: Sean.
IMO and based on two service and warranty visits Tesla Park Royal is the most uncaring and non-responsive motor workshop I have encountered in a lifetime of car ownership (Bentley, Nissan GTR, Audi and Mercedes). The specific cause of this post is their failure to reimburse my Uber receipts that was promised for my last visit to get the failed heater in my Model X replaced. On an earlier service visit I was offered an Uber voucher and that ended badly when Uber not only took the voucher but also charged my card and refused to refund the double charge. When I complained to the service manager at Park Royal I was told bluntly "Oh yeah we know that's an issue" but nothing was done about it. I then left a very critical review in response to their standard "rate your service visit" e mail but no one followed that up. Now they have ignored two emails from me asking for the enclosed Uber receipts to be refunded after having offered me the option of an Uber voucher or to just send the receipts and they would refund. When a business suffers from this type of malaise it's usually the person in charge of the branch that is to blame for failing to manage the staff properly so that they get away with this terrible level of customer service. To try to gauge how useless they are I also posted this on Google to see if they noticed it and refunded my Uber receipts but so far nothing. Anyone else "enjoyed" their customer experience at Park Royal?

Reactions: CMc1 and Sean.
I do think this is the really sad part about Tesla. It reminds me of

upload_2020-9-12_7-54-24.gif

It’s cultural not personal. The staff don’t seem empowered and so can’t take responsibility. They try once for one customer, get nowhere hand over the problem to California. Then either a decision isn’t made, doesn’t get back with an answer, can’t solve the issue, or has too many open cases so it’ll take days or weeks to resolve, or worse they say ‘no’. That or they have so many cases they just have to move on and can’t spend time on one tricky case. Customer Services agent gives up next time. Learned behaviour= easier to fob off the customer.

If Tesla wanted to be customer focussed it could. They probably see much of this as a ‘waste’ to be eliminated I.e. let’s spend our time not arrive at that scenario rather than let solve the customer’s problem. Burn through a few customers to get to a happier place. It’s a short term strategy that isn’t sustainable in the medium term.

Tesla should remember it won’t realise it’s vision without customers. Re-evaluate priorities: No customers = no car sales.

Just to post my frustration with the utterly appalling (non) “service” from Tesla Park Royal....I have been waiting around 7 weeks for parts to repair the non opening (from outside or screen) on my MX drivers door. Dukes of Hazard style entry gets pretty tiresome, several times a day, every day.

My service appointments would be typically cancelled and postponed immediately the day before my appointment was due, due to lack of parts. This happened in serial fashion, on four occasions. Furthermore no one could tell me where the parts where in the process. Utterly frustrating, not a hint of an apology...

On my last service postponement I was offered another appointment deferred from 10 September until the earliest on 5 October....just a joke.

So I rescheduled from the app to an earlier appointment for 23 September at Heathrow (West Drayton) in the vain hope parts would somehow be magically become available in the meantime....

Cue another call from service advisor at Heathrow the day before my appointment. Here we go I thought, however the advisor was noticeably more engaged, he asked politely if I had unintentionally rebooked service at WD as the visit and parts were booked to PR previously. So I explained the saga.

Errrm this is where it gets really embarrassing for Tesla. Turns out the parts needed are available off the shelf as a service “kit”. This is not an uncommon failure in the MX. The incompetent idiots at P/Royal were attempting somehow to order separate individual parts, rather than the service kit. West Drayton had two kits in stock on the shelf...The advisor at WD was shockingly apologetic that it had taken 7 weeks to resolve and admitted this wasn’t the first time P/Royal had totally dropped the ball.

The car was repaired in an afternoon and I could open my door again.

To Lawrence at West Drayton - many thanks for resolving this. To the dunder-heads at P/Royal well done for nothing.

Reactions: MrBadger
I totally agree "Tesla Park Royal is the most uncaring and non-responsive motor workshop I have encountered" I've taken my model S in for a recall issue and to have a headlamp fixed plus some issues with enhanced auto pilot and sentry mode. The next day I get a call (number withheld) from them to say that my car has been in an accident. When I recovered from the shock, I tried to get in touch with Park Royal for more information, after countless texts and phone calls requesting a manager phone me back with an explanation and being fobbed off with remarks like "well these things happen" they eventually emailed me a photo. T front number plate was missing and dents and scratches to the front bumper. I'm still waiting for some sort of explanation from them after all, If the car has been in a collision it will lose some of the resale value especially if the airbags have bee deployed. Tesla Park Royal customer care is absolutely atrocious!!

Adding to this thread based on my Park Royal Post car service experience today. I was left absolutely LIVID!!

I was already frustrated that my brand new-two week old-300 mile model Y had defects to be fixed and the car was brought here to have the issues addressed. Collecting my car post service just left my jaw dropped at the lack of respect that was given to my car. As you can imagine with the car being so new, my white interior pre-service was absolutely pristine! How can one get so many dirty hand prints on nearly all the seats when the fixes were exterior fixes!!? There was a massive stain on the inner b-pillar as well but by that point, I was too upset to take anymore photos, I leave some before and after pictures, shocking service and I hope that I will never have to come here again...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (2).jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 107
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (3).jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 111
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (4).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (4).jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 106
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.43 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.43 PM.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 100
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM (1).jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 99
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-31 at 8.03.44 PM.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 93
Adding to this thread based on my Park Royal Post car service experience today. I was left absolutely LIVID!!

I was already frustrated that my brand new-two week old-300 mile model Y had defects to be fixed and the car was brought here to have the issues addressed. Collecting my car post service just left my jaw dropped at the lack of respect that was given to my car. As you can imagine with the car being so new, my white interior pre-service was absolutely pristine! How can one get so many dirty hand prints on nearly all the seats when the fixes were exterior fixes!!? There was a massive stain on the inner b-pillar as well but by that point, I was too upset to take anymore photos, I leave some before and after pictures, shocking service and I hope that I will never have to come here again...
This is my main complaint with the Park Royal SC, (I've not had experience with any other SC, as they're too far).

Everytime I pick up my car, I have to spend 5-10 minutes inspecting the interior and most often, wiping down the (white) seats because there is always black dirty marks somewhere on the seats. I brought it up with them once and got the whole spiel about sorry and they'll let the techs know to be more careful, but honestly it falls on deafs ears. Floor mats always end up filthy and I have to scrub them down.

I'm not expecting the white glove treatment that you would get from say Audi, but even independent mechanics will use paper floor mats and plastic seat covers as standard. So why can't an almost 1trillion dollar company implement something so basic?

I'm considering buying my own plastic sheets to put on my seats for next time to save me to hassle of cleaning them.

Reactions: X-Cile
About ay ear ago I picked up my Model X from Park Royal after service - it was covered in bird *sugar*, not just one or 2, but dozens of spots. They'd parked it under a tree.

"Nothing we can do - we don't have a cleaning crew anymore"

That was in additon to grease figerprints all over the 2 new screens (it was there to get the infotainment upgrade), driver and passenger side footwell paper covers and a used paper cup!

I certainly won't be using Park Royal again if I can avoid it, whilst not having the part my car needed isn't their fault, the overall service and level of communication (or lack of), the state of the courtesy car i've been given, not to mention false updates has seriously tainted my Tesla experience.

If the above isn't enough to suggest avoiding Park Royal, I would certainly expect there to be complete disruption today after this tragic crash

Perhaps sounds like the RangeRover left the road and hit a Tesla that was SuperCharging then carried on through to the Piccadilly Line. Scary stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: Casss and Jason71
If the above isn't enough to suggest avoiding Park Royal, I would certainly expect there to be complete disruption today after this tragic crash

Perhaps sounds like the RangeRover left the road and hit a Tesla that was SuperCharging then carried on through to the Piccadilly Line. Scary stuff.
Certainly gave the Superchargers a serious crash testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.