Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Performance Emblem (Abstract Ocean)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently installed the "performance emblem" on my trunk, sold by Abstract Ocean and it is their gen 1 version. I guess they recently made some changes to the product. Installation was easy and I think it looks great as I'm going red accents on my black SR+. Hardest part was de-badging the T but it just took some patience. Unfortunately I found a paint defect on top of the trunk and am taking it to SC for a look. Probably going to need to the trunk repainted and will have to buy a new emblem! Uuugh

20190526_185516.jpg

Attachments

• 20190526_185305.jpg
    20190526_185305.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 841
I've seen a TON of pics of these and not one in-person yet, so i'm super reluctant on purchasing rn....

Does it come off looking "forced" or "non-factory-ish" looking? Or is it pretty accurate with the photo representation?

Sorry if that question sounds stupid, it's just what i'm wrestling with on it, lol.

Thanks for sharing!

I've seen a TON of pics of these and not one in-person yet, so i'm super reluctant on purchasing rn....

Does it come off looking "forced" or "non-factory-ish" looking? Or is it pretty accurate with the photo representation?

Sorry if that question sounds stupid, it's just what i'm wrestling with on it, lol.

Thanks for sharing!
I think it looks great in person and I am very picky with my cars, if it looked fake I would take off right away. I have gotten plenty of compliments from other tesla owners.

Reactions: T3SL4AFBruh
I got this as well and it looks great! Their gen2 looks even better IMO as they stand out a bit more based on whatever new material they’re using.

Installation was relatively easy with their removal kit. Highly recommend getting that kit.
Definitely need to be patient with removing the T logo.

I’ve seen two or three others in my area with the rear emblems as well. Honestly they look stock OEM.... obviously inspired by Franz’ model 3 performance rear emblem.

Here’s another thread with more pics
New Rear Emblem.... love it!

Pics of mine attached

Attachments

• BA402B04-C631-4D76-A3A7-3800CE233822.jpeg
    BA402B04-C631-4D76-A3A7-3800CE233822.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 815
  • 17EAC97E-79FB-4B5D-8B26-4FE1A1B518F1.jpeg
    17EAC97E-79FB-4B5D-8B26-4FE1A1B518F1.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 798
  • CD130D8A-3743-4A74-8CD9-3F025F2ABA39.jpeg
    CD130D8A-3743-4A74-8CD9-3F025F2ABA39.jpeg
    515.5 KB · Views: 773
Recently installed the "performance emblem" on my trunk, sold by Abstract Ocean and it is their gen 1 version. I guess they recently made some changes to the product. Installation was easy and I think it looks great as I'm going red accents on my black SR+. Hardest part was de-badging the T but it just took some patience. Unfortunately I found a paint defect on top of the trunk and am taking it to SC for a look. Probably going to need to the trunk repainted and will have to buy a new emblem! Uuugh

View attachment 412976
Did that damage occur while removing the T or was it there all along? I am reluctant to do this mod for fear that the paint will get ruined/chipped somehow.

Did that damage occur while removing the T or was it there all along? I am reluctant to do this mod for fear that the paint will get ruined/chipped somehow.

Not sure about OP, but my experience was relatively easy to remove the T. Definitely get the application kit from abstract ocean. It comes with fishing line, some adhesive spray remover and shiner spray... all of which do no damage to the paint.

• Disagree
Reactions: tchockie
No damage done while removing the T. I used Goo Gone, fishing line, a plastic scraper and finished with some detail spray. The defect i found was at the top of the trunk and looks like thin paint or an error from factory. It has clear coat over it. See picture, really weird

Attachments

• 20190526_131610.jpg
    20190526_131610.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 770
I really like the red on black emblem look!

I have Pearl White paint and using the Matte Black Gen 1 version of the performance emblem. I love the look!

View attachment 413315

I'm now debating if I wanna get the black/yellow custom plate version to match with the black emblem. Here's a quick photoshop of how it would look like.

View attachment 413316
Personally I don't like the black plates.

Looks great with the standard white plates.

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt

View attachment 412976
Did you placed the logo too high? It's almost halfway up your trunk.

What about the individual 3/E bars in gen 2 styling? I'm looking forward to replacing the T on my frunk with the three lines and putting one on the phone charger cover panel.
There's no immediate plans, as most people tend to use the Gen 1 3-bar on the center console, where it's lower-profile is probably a good thing. But, you're not the first to ask (for this, and a larger version), so once we're through our own tiny version of production hell, we'll take another look at the options.

• Love
Reactions: seanr
Hey all. I just got the gen2 emblems done on mine. I did as the instructions said, by aligning the little red mark with the backup camera. It looks centered, except the "S" isn't centered with the center of the license plate, and this is bugging my OCD radar to the max. I remember the gen1 application instructions specifying to mark the center of the license plate and then match it up with the center of the S.

Subjectively, it looks to be centered overall, especially considering the distance from the T and the A on both ends to the nearest gap line.

Let me know what you all think.

performance emblem.jpg

Here's from a lower angle:

performance emblem 2.jpg