Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having secure storage in the frunk would be very useful to most contractors ( for smaller tools, materials and foul weather gear) and probably everyone else! I hope the basic pick-up they offer has a standard size bed (relative to the size of the truck...) so a bucket loader can dump into it, etc. I DON'T want a tiny, vestigial truck bed and seating for 5 or 6 (as suggested by the third party renderings referred to earlier in the thread). A bench seat for 3 would be great! And practical, given no transmission hump in the middle. Keeping the truck lower to the ground, as with most mid or small pick-ups, makes it much easier to use the truck bed: easier to reach into, lift things up into and step into.

We're getting a Model S soon (!!!) and eagerly await the pick-up truck. My husband is a contractor, currently driving a 1967 Toyota Stout (converted to propane, which we'd only give up for a great EV truck), and logs many more miles working than we do in our sedan. 70 miles of range would take care of all but the very rare material fetching way out of town. 30 miles would usually be more than enough, even with all the running around he has to do some days. That said, more range would be better!

Pickup Truck

Tesla T? This could be it....

Tesla truck 01.jpg
Tesla truck 02.jpg

If it has a gun rack, I will buy it! ;-)

I'll take it with, or without anytime. I really believe that if Elon is talking about a pickup,(which is debatable yes) Tesla could sell a ton of them. If it has AWD, or 4WD, can pull, and carry, AND can stand up to Farm use. A lot of ifs yes but we're talking about the guy that just gets stuff done that the experts say he can't. The number 1 and 2 selling vehicles in the US last year were pickups. The Ford F series has been number 1 for 31 years. Pickup drivers are brand loyal, and hard to sway but I'm seeing a lot more Toyota and Nissan trucks in the heartland. When gas approaches 5 bucks a gallon (diesel is there already in some parts) these folks are gonna find an EV pickup that is as good, or better than there gas guzzlers hard to ignore. I know I'm in!