Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: please enable "I am being pulled over" mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Britain the police only have a stick, rarely a gun. People don't shoot at police there.
The comment about being white, well, yes. Most people in the USA are white. About two thirds, I believe. And I suppose that most Tesla owners are white, too. So? What's your point? Where I live, the police are polite and professional, and no one riots in the streets. In fact, about ten years ago an officer said, "There's no crime in Angwin." We have no police department.

I have wondered how things would change if the American police were not allowed to carry anything more dangerous than a taser.

Most would turn in their badges. You ain’t taking the cops guns away before taking people’s guns away.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I have wondered how things would change if the American police were not allowed to carry anything more dangerous than a taser.

they dont deserve tasers, either.

time has proven that the thugs in blue are a gang just like street gangs. and they ENJOY their violence. that's why many (most?) joined the force and stayed with it. only the good ones left in disguest, early on, when they saw the reality of what it truly is.

fact is, kids today are aware of what the game is and they are not fans of the cops, they know that its not a safe situation to interact with cops and we all know, NOW, that things must change.

(waiting for the predictable downvotes from our grade-C students in our thread...)

In Britain the police only have a stick, rarely a gun. People don't shoot at police there.
The comment about being white, well, yes. Most people in the USA are white. About two thirds, I believe. And I suppose that most Tesla owners are white, too. So? What's your point? Where I live, the police are polite and professional, and no one riots in the streets. In fact, about ten years ago an officer said, "There's no crime in Angwin." We have no police department.

Sounds like you live in a nice little bubble.

Reactions: P85_DA
Meth and fentanyl can make a person particularly combative, kneeling on him 9minutes was wrong, the cop needs to go to jail for the death, no hesitation, but we need to admit the deceased CAUSED THE INTERACTION. That officer should have long since been fired at the very least.

Or are you talking about the one where the again intoxicated guy wrestled with police, stole a weapon and was firing it at the officer who then shot him. Again the deceased caused the interaction.

Breonna Taylor case comes close to the narrative put forth about police but is getting less attention and is an extraordinary rare example. The rioters and the results of reduced policing have killed far more folks in the last month than police do in such cases in years.
Look up the stats on how much shootings have risen in NYC since plain clothes officers were pulled.

Let me guess you still believe "hands up don't shoot".

Police in most areas are the first people to arrive to help you when you call 911, that is what I believe and we teach our children.

Some people are drunk on alcohol, others drunk on opiates, but you're drunk on bull----

Last edited:
First - Teslas do not have high quality external microphones. But that's not really the point is it?

It's interesting that some Tesla owners would rather have an advertised PC feature that will be the 'hot new thing' for about 3 months than a useful cellular communication system compatible with business needs. Heck, have the rear camera detect flashing blue light, and call it Fuzz-Buster or other such silliness instead of Tesla developing a dash system with full cellular text message history and auto-nav-from-text operations. That is a software-only fix whereas a cop-cam needs hardware.

Do most Tesla people have jobs? I wonder sometimes. Many owners desperately wanted the video games to play in their car and were furious when Elon Musk opened the Fremont factory, even though it was the same day Toyota opened up their assy lines. Every automaker is up and running and they still cry that Tesla should be more political and stay shuttered until the disease is eradicated.

I would venture a guess that if you define White Privilege as never being on the wrong end of a felony stop or a no-knock warrant, very few Tesla owners have any melanin at all. When I was growing up, that was making the cut. If having guns pointed at you rids you of whiteness, then I lost the last of it before I was 18. I can't even imagine what shade I must be today. DNA says Heinz 57 but I'm not receiving my 5% dividend (NASDAQ: KHC).

But this is a car board with a lot of bright kids on it. If Tesla won't service your paranoia adequately, grab a Raspberry Pi and a CCD camera and have it look for flashing blue lights, then turn on the external mics. Make a fortune selling a 99.9% useless device to other handwringers. But have a good marketing plan because dashcams with mics are not new.

Sidebar - I spotted an auto burglary in progress and used my TeslaCam to record him while I chased him. I forwarded the clip to the sheriff dept at their request. Does that mean I must sell my car due to violation of Enduser PC Agreement?

;)

Last edited:
I spent two days looking at this post, wondering if I should say anything. I was going to detail a few of my own experiences, as a black person who was born and raised in southern california. One who is educated, has a nice house, a good job, with both a new BMW and Tesla in my garage, solar on my roof, powerwalls, etc. I mention all that stuff to say that I am not a "disadvantaged" person.

Anyway, rather tell you several of the experiences I have had, even though I am a law abiding citizen who has never gotten more than a speeding ticket in his entire life, I would just tell you to ask any black people you might know well enough to ask the question if their experience matches yours.

I know mine sure doesnt.

Totally, the stories I have heard are maddening. I wish more people would actually listen as opposed to just accusing or assuming ill intent.

• Helpful
Reactions: DelPhonic1
bill price seems to be our forum bootlicker.

at least he ID'd himself. swiftest addition to my killfile (I miss when we called it that) yet.

"pick up that can, citizen"

pathetic.

It's a shame he can't hold an opinion different than yours without being insulted. That is the problem today, the left typically doesn't respect others opinions.

ea_opinion.jpg

It's not an insult, it's reality. For an opinion to be worthy of respect you must first do the hard work required to make that opinion honest, objective, and valid. The concept that trailer park folks are more likely to be democrats wanting "free stuff" is inaccurate. Hang out in a trailer park and discuss Obama versus Trump and judge the response. Try it. If an "opinion", for example, is that most people on welfare are minorities or liberals wanting "free stuff" that is inaccurate also, not worthy of respect as an opinion. The majority of welfare goes to single white mothers living in red states. The red states are the welfare states, carried by the blue. Fact. Opinions are only as valid and worthy of respect as the objective hard work and honesty which goes into them. It's disingenuous to bellyache if you're not willing to do the hard work........

Last edited:
in some cases, there really is an actual Right and Wrong. most of the time, its blurry and relative, but here, there is not just a 'difference of opinion'.

get that into your heads. we don't cop to the 'give both sides equal time'.

at the risk of a godwin, I would not give nazis 'equal time'. that's just an obvious example that everyone understands (or, well, used to).

this NewSpeak of 'difference of opinion' is highly problematic when applied to the 'water is wet' kind of example. I don't need anyone trying to argue that water boils at 90C when I know damned well its 100C (oblig: at normal atmos, LOL). giving the other side time to argue for 90C is just boolcookies, so to speak.