Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla posts FSD demo video of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the video we saw wasn’t leaps and bounds off of what we know they have now and are working on. I don’t see any basis for assuming Tesla is faking a video.

Of course it’s a pre determined route. That’s called planning. Any presentation, pitch, or demonstration has to be pre planned.
I would t assume that means it’s tweaked or fake.

I have more faith and excitement around an actual video with investors as witness, than speculation and assumptions on a forum.

I was very excited in 2016. Bought FSD with my 3 in 2017 thinking for sure they MUST be close to releasing something soon! Now people here tell me I was an obvious idiot for believing that 2016 video was real. Well, Fool me once... Tesla is going to have to start releasing stuff to the fleet for me to believe this video wasn’t any more smoke and mirrors than 2016 was. Plenty of self driving companies have done demos with pre-determined routes. That doesn’t translate to real world progress.

I think the video we saw wasn’t leaps and bounds off of what we know they have now and are working on. I don’t see any basis for assuming Tesla is faking a video.

It's fake in the sense that they claim they are demonstrating "full self driving" capability, but in reality they are demonstrating limited level 2 driver aids on a carefully selected route.

It's fake in the sense that they claim they are demonstrating "full self driving" capability, but in reality they are demonstrating limited level 2 driver aids on a carefully selected route.

It’s a demonstration of what FSD can do now. They aren’t allowed to FSD yet as far as I know, so this is how they demonstrate it.
Calling that fake, is a little nit picky when we all know the goal of the demonstration. ...

I have to say, there are a lot of Tesla haters on this forum, that seemingly also own a Tesla.
Many claim to love the car, but not the company, or Elon.
Some seem to simply hate the car, Elon, and Tesla.
What I don’t understand is why they continue to hang out here to simply spread rumours, exaggerate, dramatize, and bash.
Most of the bashing, or drama isn’t founded on much.

I still own a few toys that I’m not using much, and not a huge fan of these days. I stopped frequenting the forums for those toys around the time I stopped liking them.

I guess it’s the nature of forums....

There is plenty of common ground. I love my car and I like what Tesla is trying to do. At the same time they have been shady and dishonest with the pricing of FSD. Elon gets carried away, exaggerates and way over estimates. There is no requirement to be a rabid fanboy. I personally find the blind followers far more annoying that the skeptics.

I have to say, there are a lot of Tesla haters on this forum, that seemingly also own a Tesla.
What I don’t understand is why they continue to hang out here to simply spread rumours, exaggerate, dramatize, and bash.

I still own a few toys that I’m not using much, and not a huge fan of these days. I stopped frequenting the forums for those toys around the time I stopped liking them.

nah, it's not being haters. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice shame on me. Tesla made their bed, now they have to lie in it. They threw away a lot of trust with their FSD videos, that's on them, not owners who are now saying they have a much higher bar to prove they can do what they claim.

Remember, you can love your car, but not like what Tesla has done in the past or what they are doing currently. These are not mutually exclusive things. And certainly don't make one a hater.

There is plenty of common ground. I love my car and I like what Tesla is trying to do. At the same time they have been shady and dishonest with the pricing of FSD. Elon gets carried away, exaggerates and way over estimates. There is no requirement to be a rabid fanboy. I personally find the blind followers far more annoying that the skeptics.

It’s all perspective.
You call him shady and dishonest.
In the same post you acknowledge that he exaggerates and overestimates.

I believe he truly is honest, and passionate, and does exaggerate, and overestimate sometimes. That’s not dishonest or shady in my books. But to each their own.

It’s all perspective.
You call him shady and dishonest.
In the same post you acknowledge that he exaggerates and overestimates.

I believe he truly is honest, and passionate, and does exaggerate, and overestimate sometimes. That’s not dishonest or shady in my books. But to each their own.

The choices the make as a cooperation have been shady. They specifically told and lead customers to believe that paying for FSD in advance would assure you the best price. They than reversed that decision and told the early adopters to suck it. What happened to the Early Access Programmed they promised? Its a professional business situation if your misleading and exaggerating facts your are being dishonest. This whole "feature complete" FSD statement is intentionally misleading, especially when it comes to software.

Reactions: C141medic

Exactly. The ride is informative in what was omitted from, just as much as what was encountered in, the route. If you didn't see it in the route, FSD can't handle it yet.

The choices the make as a cooperation have been shady. They specifically told and lead customers to believe that paying for FSD in advance would assure you the best price. They than reversed that decision and told the early adopters to suck it. What happened to the Early Access Programmed they promised? Its a professional business situation if your misleading and exaggerating facts your are being dishonest. This whole "feature complete" FSD statement is intentionally misleading, especially when it comes to software.

This has nothing to do with the thread topic, but having been in an organization led by someone very similar to Elon, I can understand exactly why Tesla operates the way it does. And it is not because Elon is dishonest or shady.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric

oops forgot which forums I was on for a min :)

Ya I don't get the hate from people who actually own one. its kinda mind boggling.

You just have to own one long enough to see the crappy stuff Tesla the company does to the owners. From refusing to honor the original ranger service promise back in the day to the Ludicrous secret limiter fiasco to the more recent FSD "sale", to the terrible customer service exhibited by some service centers.

We are still here because the cars are awesome. And Tesla needs to be held accountable for the crappy things they do. The forum banded together on the Ludi limiter fiasco and got Tesla to change it. That wouldn't have happened otherwise.

This has nothing to do with the thread topic, but having been in an organization led by someone very similar to Elon, I can understand exactly why Tesla operates the way it does. And it is not because Elon is dishonest or shady.

Managers the world over do the whole shoot for the stars and you land on the moon. Its a great motivational tactic to employees, it is a horrible way to present information to the public and shareholders. Tesla has terrible PR and Communication and it leads to miss information. What percentage of your average Joe understands what feature complete means in software. Elon knows full well that using that term is miss leading but it will get the hype train rolling. I understand it but I can also accept its a little shady. Calling that out in a Tesla forum is great and good information for people. Drinking the Koolaid that FSD is only a few months away is just misleading viral marketing. Understanding the middle ground and being able to understand what is marketing hype and what is reality is good for everyone.

Managers the world over do the whole shoot for the stars and you land on the moon. Its a great motivational tactic to employees, it is a horrible way to present information to the public and shareholders. Tesla has terrible PR and Communication and it leads to miss information. What percentage of your average Joe understands what feature complete means in software. Elon knows full well that using that term is miss leading but it will get the hype train rolling. I understand it but I can also accept its a little shady. Calling that out in a Tesla forum is great and good information for people. Drinking the Koolaid that FSD is only a few months away is just misleading viral marketing. Understanding the middle ground and being able to understand what is marketing hype and what is reality is good for everyone.

Sure. I’m talking about understanding the way Elon is wired, and then more importantly, understanding what happens to organizational structures under a person like him.
I have never even spoken to a single Tesla employee, yet the way Tesla operates is to me, somewhat predictable and familiar based on past experiences. And I can relate to the experiences I predict his lieutenants are having. All of it is simply to say that the chaos and disorganization - it has nothing to do with malice, shadiness, or dishonesty in the way many outside of Tesla perceive, or spin.

True, it wasn’t a crazy complex route but still way better than the current version of autopilot. I still wonder how they will handle the fringe cases. What if there is an accident and a cop is directing traffic around it? Will the car be able to follow the cops directions?
this works on image recognition, so yes eventually will be able to trained to do that. It's a system that keeps getting better and better.

You just have to own one long enough to see the crappy stuff Tesla the company does to the owners. From refusing to honor the original ranger service promise back in the day to the Ludicrous secret limiter fiasco to the more recent FSD "sale", to the terrible customer service exhibited by some service centers.

We are still here because the cars are awesome. And Tesla needs to be held accountable for the crappy things they do. The forum banded together on the Ludi limiter fiasco and got Tesla to change it. That wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I’m looking at your crappy list above, thinking, I’ve experienced 10 times worse from many of the other auto makers I’ve dealt with over the years.
I still think people just need to dramatize in order to validate themselves or something.

Yeah, forums are an echo chamber for better or worse. Most of my friends and family who own a Tesla know nothing about the Tesla forums, reddit, twitter, Facebook groups, etc., They all love their cars and have essentially zero issues other than the random software glitches which I tell them will be "resolved in a future update". ;)

Those of you saying you got burned in 2016 act as if Tesla did it on purpose. They didn't. They planned on working with Nvidia to get AP2 up to speed much faster than they did because Nvidia and Tesla had a falling out, leading to them getting 0 assistance from Nvidia. That is business it, happens. Tesla didn't lie or deceive you on purpose.

Additionally, since there are no videos about the FSD drives, we don't know for certain that it was a set route. Maybe they did say put in whatever address you want. Who knows. I doubt they did this, but we are all stating it as fact that they didn't and we don't know that for sure.