Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Pretend to Save the Environment While Looking Rich

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla owner and TSLA share owner, I liked the video.

For the people taking this video at face value, Coal use is at 27% and going down. It is being replaced by much cleaner forms of energy including nat gas.

The Model 3 is what will change things. The S and X are just there to show what an EV can do.

• Love
Reactions: lowtek
Kudos to this video.
We bought a 2012 S new and “Peet” (he’s brown like a Peets coffee bean) has ~110k miles. I’m a total, and annoying I am sure, Musk fan boy. We have solar panels on the roof and a new Powerwall 2. Utterly greenie at heart. Not rich, not poor, and this thing was so obviously the cheapest way to have a new car-for-life that even my bone-frugal wife jumped on board for it. We made a modest investment in the stock way back when. It more than paid for the car!
This parody is hilarious all the way through. The Tezla pronunciation even got documented vindication in the comment list as how the holy one, Elon, says it. I bet even said holy one thinks it is funny. Those who can’t see its sly but honest humor maybe ought’a have their DNA checked for the sour-puss allele. If I were a landed rich-guy I’d be on the list for a Cybertruck - now THAT piece of hilarious, delirious genius is almost pure ego-fodder. It will, I’d warrant, be driven in large part by snooty posers to shame working stiffs who still drive Rams with giant diesels and hemis and such.

Reactions: SO16 and SilverGS

For the people taking this video at face value, Coal use is at 27% and going down. It is being replaced by much cleaner forms of energy including nat gas.

The Model 3 is what will change things. The S and X are just there to show what an EV can do.

Not to mention that 27% is heavily skewed towards sections of the country where Tesla ownership is low. If you’re in CA, like most owners are, that figure drops to roughly 0%.

That said, yes, hilarious video.

• Funny
Reactions: Ohm-yGod and SO16
Not to mention that 27% is heavily skewed towards sections of the country where Tesla ownership is low. If you’re in CA, like most owners are, that figure drops to roughly 0%.

That said, yes, hilarious video.
Where we live it's closer to 75% of our power production. They keep saying how they're planning to increase prices 5% each year to move more aggressively to renewable energy production sources but it hasn't happened yet. The trade-off is our summer electricity rate is $0.10/kw and winter rate is only $0.08/kw which makes it dirt cheap to drive a Tesla. The other downside is it would take us nearly two decades for a solar system to pay for itself. Big sad. I guess we'll continue to keep our sorrows at bay with our incredibly low utility bills. lol

That said, I don't get how people bag on us for using "coal" for our electrical car as they continue to drive ICE cars. As a household, we no longer own ANYTHING that uses oil or gas. Nothing. This means that 100% of our household's energy needs are met via domestic production. None of our money is going to the Middle East or any international concerns. All of our money stays in the good ol' US of A.

More attention needs to be given to that. I don't control how my local utility makes the power but I do control that using my local utility is the ONLY way I get my power needs met. To me anyway, that's huge and a massive point I rarely heard made since everyone wants to debate carbon footprint and clean energy.

I do agree that the video is still hilarious though. Anyone who gets triggered needs to go out and get some fresh air because it's clearly satire based on kernels of truth which is how good comedy works.

This is all so true, but hilarious!

I’m giving you a “like”. Not because of your comment (even though I do agree with it), but because of your awesome screen name. That’s extremely clever. Thumbs up.

On a side note, that guy is going to be performing in Grand Rapids MI laugh fest this week. I might try to go see him. Wouldn’t have thought of it had he not done this video.

Including estimated small scale solar, it's at 23.26% for US generation. If it drops in 2020 the way it dropped in 2019 (which I don't except), it'd likely drop below nuclear.

While the video was funny overall, the coal bit didn't fit, simply because it's such an ignorant point used by opponents. I think it'd have been better to have been deluded in a different way, such as talking about charging from solar even though charging at night, or ignoring the methane emissions and local impacts of fracking from natural gas generation.

Reactions: SO16