Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla production line was ‘sabotaged’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once your system is breached, you can't trust anything about it. It is effectively destroyed at that point and needs rebuilt from new/blank media.

Right.

The speed with which Tesla produced the software update to improve Model's 3 braking in the Consumer Report type of test gives me reason to believe they have their software procedures under control. So I am optimistic that they will be able to quickly regain trust in their own computer systems.

Reactions: mongo
From the complaint and other public docs, the former employee, alleged saboteur, and likely scumbag, is Martin Alan Tripp, 40 years old, Sparks Nevada. He declared bankruptcy in Michigan in 2004. He used to be a product support engineer for Mortara Instrument in Milwaukee.

More good info at Martin Tripp: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

If anyone has any information relevant to his crimes, let Tesla or law enforcement know.

Related to Linda? I don't know.

• Funny
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
Tesla sues ex-employee for hacking and theft. But he says he's a whistleblower

But that ex-employee is fighting back, saying he's being targeted by Tesla for trying to bring problems at the company to light.

"I am being singled out for being a whistleblower. I didn't hack into system. The data I was collecting was so severe, I had to go to the media," said Martin Tripp, the defendant in Tesla's suit, told CNNMoney soon after the suit was filed.

Tesla sues ex-employee for hacking and theft. But he says he's a whistleblower

But that ex-employee is fighting back, saying he's being targeted by Tesla for trying to bring problems at the company to light.

"I am being singled out for being a whistleblower. I didn't hack into system. The data I was collecting was so severe, I had to go to the media," said Martin Tripp, the defendant in Tesla's suit, told CNNMoney soon after the suit was filed.

*cough* bullsh!t *cough*

If anyone believes that, I have some OCEANFRONT property in Iowa for sale.

No company brings forth a MAJOR lawsuit like this unless their legal team has ROCK SOLID evidence.

This guy is toast, and this is just his legal team posturing now.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
*cough* bullsh!t *cough*

If anyone believes that, I have some OCEANFRONT property in Iowa for sale.

No company brings forth a MAJOR lawsuit like this unless their legal team has ROCK SOLID evidence.

This guy is toast, and this is just his legal team posturing now.

Whistleblowing = talking about metal scrap

If that is true

What isn’t whistleblowing?

Dude is f-ed

Reactions: techmaven
Whistleblowing is when you expose fraud. “Excessive scrap” is not fraud. Heck, even putting in non working cells into batteries isn’t fraud unless you can prove that it impacts the car’s specs (Tesla battery packs are designed to continue working even after a certain number of cells die). Not that I believe the guy.

Meanwhile exfiltrating proprietary data from a company is definitely a crime, EVEN IF you were doing it to expose fraud.

The guy is in deep trouble, and any journalists (cough) that are or have uncritically published his stuff are only sabotaging their own reputation.

Btw, a real whistleblower would have tried to raise their concerns within the company first before trying to involve the press.

Reactions: bhzmark and EinSV
From the complaint and other public docs, the former employee, alleged saboteur, and likely scumbag, is Martin Alan Tripp, 40 years old, Sparks Nevada. He declared bankruptcy in Michigan in 2004. He used to be a product support engineer for Mortara Instrument in Milwaukee.

More good info at Martin Tripp: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

If anyone has any information relevant to his crimes, let Tesla or law enforcement know.

Related to Linda? I don't know.

Declaring bankruptcy at 26? This guy’s got winner, or perhaps wiener, written all over him.

NUMMI was an assembly plant only. They did not actually make any of the parts in the plant at all. Tesla stamps metal, winds drive motors, builds final drive gearboxes, makes seats, and does a number of other steps that NUMMI had done outside of that facility.

They also assemble and test all the S and X batteries there, in the top-secret upper level area.

Whistleblowing = talking about metal scrap

If that is true

What isn’t whistleblowing?

Dude is f-ed

I think the dude was caught red handed and has nowhere to go but to declare himself as a whistle blower.
If he is really a W.B., why not report directly to SEC. Why some low level media main stream? The fact that he pull data from company and ship it off-site is a clear violation. Not to mention feeding his hack on two of his co-workers system to continue off load data if his account is terminated. Mr Tripp tripped up bad. If Tesla succeeded big time going forward. Everyone is going to look back on how Mr. Tripp Tripped up. I like to see J. Chanos admit he is wrong one of these day.

Reactions: mongo