Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just put a Trump 2020 sticker on it to take away the Tree Hugger stigma. On the other hand, maybe not. JK....You would have to deal with an even a worse crazy derangement out there.

Remember, the “Co-Exist” sticker that went extinct? That sticker was literally magically peeled off and disappeared off all these cars over the past three years. We could all learn a lot if we followed that statement again.

Sorry to hear about this. I live in FL in a heavy Republican county with a “Save our Seas” FL vanity plate and have had no issues. Neither the car or the plate makes me a Democrat, but I am sure many “more respectable” people have jumped to the same conclusion without going postal on me. Stay vigilant.
How about a bumper sticker that says: YOU FOR PRESIDENT 2020 ?

Shortly after the 2016 election, I put a Trump 2020 bumper sticker on my VW (when I was a full time Bay Area resident). Within a few days, I had been rear ended, the car had been spit on and keyed and I was flipped off and yelled at more times than I could count. Living in an area where a single political party has nearly monopoly control is going to always lead to intolerance for opposing viewpoints, whether it's idiot liberals or idiot rednecks. When your vehicle makes a statement (either through bumper stickers or the perception that you are trying to make a statement with the car itself), you're going to have to deal with the fallout. To many people, Teslas represent an elitist, snobby, intolerant, alarmist mentality and when you drive a Tesla in some areas, you just have to deal with the reactions.

Shortly after the 2016 election, I put a Trump 2020 bumper sticker on my VW (when I was a full time Bay Area resident). Within a few days, I had been rear ended, the car had been spit on and keyed and I was flipped off and yelled at more times than I could count. Living in an area where a single political party has nearly monopoly control is going to always lead to intolerance for opposing viewpoints, whether it's idiot liberals or idiot rednecks. When your vehicle makes a statement (either through bumper stickers or the perception that you are trying to make a statement with the car itself), you're going to have to deal with the fallout. To many people, Teslas represent an elitist, snobby, intolerant, alarmist mentality and when you drive a Tesla in some areas, you just have to deal with the reactions.
You'd think they own stock in ExxonMobil, given some of the reactions.

I encountered some guy with an attitude about a month ago. business/commercial side street, maybe 40mph limit (if even that) and some guy is standing in the middle of the road, intentionally blocking me, with his arms out to his sides at right angles (football blocking style?).

not sure what he was trying to do. get me to hit him? (I was tempted, let me tell you, but I just swerved around the idiot).

really don't know what his malfunction was, but I don't think he was doing it to all cars. he picked my car, and yes, there are people out there with significant chips on their shoulders for no good reason at all.

a lot of that kind of attitude is also responsible for all the tesla break-ins in the bay area. people still view teslas as rich man's toys and lots of people are really angry at life, in general. they want to take it out on YOU.

this is real. and it sucks.

I don't know, it sounds like he was congratulating you on your choice of an ecological friendly vehicle and offered you a bottle of water.

Yeah, had some yokels in a pickup yell “tree hugging hippies!” at us at the Burbank dealership as they were riding by. Salesperson was a little nonplussed but I laughed, took the compliment and went in and signed the paperwork.

On second thought I’m sort of disappointed they didn’t try to coal-roll us.

Yeah, had some yokels in a pickup yell “tree hugging hippies!” at us at the Burbank dealership as they were riding by. Salesperson was a little nonplussed but I laughed, took the compliment and went in and signed the paperwork.

On second thought I’m sort of disappointed they didn’t try to coal-roll us.
Yokels in Burbank? They must have strayed from the wilds of Tujunga. And hippies? Man, that ended in the '70s. LOL

So many these pick up trucks love to speed up if they see you turn your lane change lights on.

But Model 3 can easily beat a pick up truck assuming they have no other cars in front of them. I do it all the time to these gas cars that try speeding up. I let them speed up a bit, then I just floor it and pull ahead, and lane change. Make them regret wasting their $4-5 gallon of gas.

It's pathetic, the Model 3 will likely beat every gas based car that tries cut them off from a large distance. Assuming there aren't other variables in affect like another car in front.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL