Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Range and Zero to 60 Model Comparisons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With The 100D, Tesla Expands Its Lineup To 11 Versions of the Model S and Model X – Graphs
11 hours ago by Mark Kane 19Comments

The graph makes it easy! Tesla Model S and X comparison for U.S. (January 27, 2017)

Tesla Model S & X

Tesla Motors recently introduced 100D versions of its two current offerings – Model S 100D & Model X 100D.

Costing just ~$3,000 more (over the 90 kWh series) for 10 kWh more battery capacity, these two latest Teslas are longest range all-electric vehicles in their classes:

• Tesla Model S 100D – 335 miles (EPA est.)
  • Tesla Model X 100D – 295 miles (EPA est.)
As you can see on the price comparison (above and below), there is huge premium in play to upgrade to the performance version P100DL – $42,000 in case of the Model S and $37,000 in case of the Model X.

That makes the Ludicrous acceleration ludicrously expensive, and strengthens the 100D as the best Tesla bang for the buck in our mind.

The graph makes it easy! Tesla Model S and X comparison for U.S. (January 27, 2017)

I think it is, or at least I'm hoping it is and maybe they'll unlock the speed as an easter egg! Woohoo.. Maybe they're keeping it the same until they unload all of the remaining 90D batteries?

Eventually, you run into other limits though, consider for example the magic fuse that the P100D has, as well as stronger motors. It's entirely possible that the non-P cars can't handle much more power.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that they can, and yes, the 100D will be faster.

So I guess the real answer is: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯