Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cuttin

Oct 25, 2018
Nj
There's an option to change it to activate cruise control at "Current speed" versus "Speed limit." It was in an OTA update a few months back.
I always read the release notes and didn't see that on my 2017 MX. Will look for it.

I'm thinking Maybe it's only on newer cars, and/or those without stalks.

Fernand

Mar 22, 2019
Northern california
As to WHAT this is, try China muscle. Elon was naive to set up shop in China, IMHO. The CCP can do anything, at any time, to whomever, for whatever reason. Like squeezing Hong Kong and "re-educating" the Uighurs. He probably figured they operated business-logically.

What they have been doing of late is what many other entities are doing, for their own disingenuous reasons: slap that upstart TSLA down. And Beijing has their own subsidized EV makers to promote. They'll be doing it freely, now that Elon has his cojones deep in that Chinese finger trap. He can't continue to be "arrogant". He's got to play along. Humor a woman with a "Tesla brakes no good" shirt at a major trade show? Call a minor OTA Update a "safety-critical recall of every Tesla ever sold in China"? Yes, Chairman Xi, we respect the wisdom and guidance of the Party.

I bought a few shares of NIO a while back. Then I had a little epiphany about who/what I was subsidizing, and promptly dumped them. Without even caring about any profit or loss. And I don't bad-mouth productive American companies. I sleep much better that way.

Reactions: Cuttin

jjgg

May 21, 2021
Vancouver
As to WHAT this is, try China muscle. Elon was naive to set up shop in China, IMHO. The CCP can do anything, at any time, to whomever, for whatever reason. Like squeezing Hong Kong and "re-educating" the Uighurs. He probably figured they operated business-logically.

What they have been doing of late is what many other entities are doing, for their own disingenuous reasons: slap that upstart TSLA down. And Beijing has their own subsidized EV makers to promote. They'll be doing it freely, now that Elon has his cojones deep in that Chinese finger trap. He can't continue to be "arrogant". He's got to play along. Humor a woman with a "Tesla brakes no good" shirt at a major trade show? Call a minor OTA Update a "safety-critical recall of every Tesla ever sold in China"? Yes, Chairman Xi, we respect the wisdom and guidance of the Party.

I bought a few shares of NIO a while back. Then I had a little epiphany about who/what I was subsidizing, and promptly dumped them. Without even caring about any profit or loss. And I don't bad-mouth productive American companies. I sleep much better that way.
While I don't disagree with many of the opinions, I'd prefer we keep the forums free from political opinions.

Cuttin

Oct 25, 2018
Nj

I agree. It's difficult to compete with a corrupt country. Especially one that is so biased towards its own state branded, hiddenly, ev companies.

He had no choice. It's the largest car market and largest ev market. He gave it a fair shot. Money is money.

I also LOVED the MAJOR recall requiring a few mins of a strong wifi signal to download an over the air update. Lol. What a joke.

drdumont

Nov 22, 2019
North Texas
Brooklyn! I lived there. Tesla is definitely an issue there. Also the self presenting door on my MX is an issue. I turn off when I have to go in.

See this pic of a good park job in Brooklyn.
View attachment 679404

But I agree. Too many sounds. But they can make it more distinctive maybe.

Good point on the one pedal part. I didn't think of it but so true. Prob contributed to all those "phantom acceleration" episodes a while back.

They should really come up with a double activated way to turn it on.
I have always been a fan of the verbal announcements like on the Chrysler K-Cars and in aircraft. Tesla can spend all their spare time making useless games, screwing up the UI. letting you make fart noises with the car... I have an Idea! Why not spend a little worthwhile time progrmming voice prompts? It was found years ago that calm female voices will get a pilot's attention. "FLAPS" "AIORSPEED", and my personal favorite: "PULL UP...PULL UP".
Why not "OVERSPEED", "LANE CHANGE", "AUTOPILOT" or "CRUISE CONTROL", "TAKE CONTROL NOW!", ""TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR BETA SOFTWARE ENGAGED", and the rest?

Reactions: markwj and Cuttin

jjgg

May 21, 2021
Vancouver
I have always been a fan of the verbal announcements like on the Chrysler K-Cars and in aircraft. Tesla can spend all their spare time making useless games, screwing up the UI. letting you make fart noises with the car... I have an Idea! Why not spend a little worthwhile time progrmming voice prompts? It was found years ago that calm female voices will get a pilot's attention. "FLAPS" "AIORSPEED", and my personal favorite: "PULL UP...PULL UP".
Why not "OVERSPEED", "LANE CHANGE", "AUTOPILOT" or "CRUISE CONTROL", "TAKE CONTROL NOW!", ""TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR BETA SOFTWARE ENGAGED", and the rest?
Add those voices to model S to match the yoke!

Reactions: Cuttin

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC