Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla recalls almost 3,500 Model Y cars for loose bolts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is recalling 3,470 2022-2023 Model Y cars due to bolts in the second-row seat back frames not being secured properly.

An estimated 4% of cars are affected, a recall report submitted in late February said.

The loose bolts could cause the seat belts to not work properly in a crash, “which may increase the risk of an injury for occupants seated in affected second-row seating positions,” the National Highway Traffic Administration said.

See the full story here.

Reactions: El joe and Ts91
Why doesn't the analysis include the actual NUMBER of vehicles recalled within each "recall"? Many "recalls" involve a specific VIN range, only a few hundred vehicles.
Am I missing something here?

Okay that is hitting below the belt. I am simply asking other owners of Model Y to weigh in on this because I just bought one. I am in no way attempting to "fuel the FUD"
When it comes to Tesla, "recalls" include software updates to fix issues. With other cars the term applies almost exclusively to hardware recalls requiring the car to be returned to the service centre for a fix.
Hopefully you can see there's a big difference.

Model Y has more recalls than any other car.

This is wilfully misleading, almost all Tesla " recalls" are not physical recalls but software fixes which are effected without the vast majority of owners being aware.
In the US even software faults have to be listed as recalls however innocuous the fault.
Watch Ryan Shaw's Youtube video on recall stats to see how many physical recalls have been required by the legacy ICE car corporations - you will be surprised - or maybe not - recalls are almost a tradition hardly worth a mention until of late....

Free speech my arce, we have degenerated, thanks to social media into a world of untruths and half truths and hate.
Once upon a time this behaviour was the preserve of a few powerful media organisations. Now, every Tom, dick and Harry can spread SH one tee with impunity. It won't worry Elon but it is the same virulent strain that has ruined many young lives.
STOP IT!

Okay that is hitting below the belt. I am simply asking other owners of Model Y to weigh in on this because I just bought one. I am in no way attempting to "fuel the FUD"

Thats not how it came across, though.

"how everyone feels" has nothing to do with how YOU might feel because you just bought one.

In any case, that type of report tends to overly dramatize / impact vehicles that can do OTA updates as Recalls. Its also probably heavily skewed by the "recall" about the windows closing slightly too fast / with slightly too much pressure, that required Tesla to send another OTA update to remedy.

Its sort of like the fact that almost all big name software / games etc, is constantly patched now, when before, they used to be sold on 5 1/4 or 3 1/2 inch disks, and were basically "set" without updates. Its now common for day 1 patches, etc, and lots of people lament the "old days" and complain about all software being broken when it ships now.

This isnt that much different, but if it bothers you, then you bought the wrong car.

Reactions: Pianewman