Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Reduces Model Y Delivery Timeline By 4 Weeks, Other Cars By 2-3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They actually told you they won't be delivering to Phoenix for two weeks? That's odd - usually they just repeat info you can find on their website, saying they don't have visibility into who gets what and when 'til a VIN is assigned...
In the sales room, not to me. I want to see one, then I think it's game over, but may want to wait for battery day. It's changing so fast! He want's my Murano to go away ASAP. That may happen... later today? SP.

Considering many Day One reservations for AWD 5 seaters have not heard a peep, and that many who ordered as late as April 2020 have their VINs and delivery dates, something is really off.

Would it not be an expectation that those with earlier reservations should be hearing about delivery first (since the "8-12 weeks" estimate is now 4 weeks old)?

I presume you logged in and completed all the steps all the way thru the credit app?
Regardless, I feel ya, I ordered last March on the night of the reveal. So far, I have no date eta. Sucks.

Yes - definitely disheartening, having ordered the night of the unveil 14 mths ago and watching recent orders get filled. We are in Canada, ( Toronto - Tesla's 2nd largest market ) but still... come on.
There are plenty of us who ordered day one and are but a stone's throw from the factory that a still waiting patiently. And there are some of us who are not waiting quite as patiently.

When adding the hitch, was your reservation price readjusted? The consensus is that it would be and probably cheaper to order / instal after delivery.
I asked the Customer Service person that very question, and she assured me that the price would only rise by $1000.00 for the hitch...no bump in base price. We will have to see what happens.

I asked the Customer Service person that very question, and she assured me that the price would only rise by $1000.00 for the hitch...no bump in base price. We will have to see what happens.
Hmm, scary to try this myself LOL. Between the fsd increase and the rim price upgrade, I'm saving so much and I'd hate to lose it.

I guess I can always call and ask and if they confirm it to be no ask for that answer in an email :).

Thanks for sharing.

It would seem that Tesla doesn't have a plan. They give a delivery range and then don't meet that. It seems in a lot of cases they aren't even close. I think the company needs to disclose their delivery plan so there isn't this constant frustration of buyers not knowing and unable to plan for their delivery.

It would seem that Tesla doesn't have a plan. They give a delivery range and then don't meet that. It seems in a lot of cases they aren't even close. I think the company needs to disclose their delivery plan so there isn't this constant frustration of buyers not knowing and unable to plan for their delivery.
As much as I want my new car, I'd be happy if there was a process for me to know my trade in value now so I can decide to sell it private or wait to trade it. I think I know what I'd get, but knowing would be better.

I'm still waiting for some word as well, and put down a $2500. deposit for a Y last November. I attempted to add a hitch a few weeks ago, via phone, but that doesnt appear on the online statement yet, even though customer service told me it would be listed in 48-72 hours. Patience is a virtue.
When I changed my color 2 weeks ago, I got a confirmation email sent to me the same day. You may want to follow up.

So I got an odd email today from Las Vegas Tesla logistics:
"I did notice you have not competed your profile on your tesla account. Customers who have completed and submitted their profile are top priority when it comes to taking delivery. Please log into your account and click on the blue submit button after confirming all information is correct."​

Except my profile page shows everything is complete, and of course there is no "blue submit button." So I called the local sales center and the nice guy there looked into the account and said everything looked complete.

Left hand, meet right hand.

I ordered my Model 3 RWD on August 17, 2018 and was told delivery would be 8 to 12 weeks. It was ready to pick up in Vancouver August 31, I took delivery September 1. No idea why delivery happened so fast, but I was thrilled.

I am still enjoying every drive, and am keen to test drive a Model Y.

According to Tesla the delivery time has gone from 8-12 weeks to 5-7 weeks. I put in my reservation over a year ago and haven't heard anything official. I've read that the RWD version isn't scheduled but I have gotten no communication from the company.

Yes, but at the time you place your order no such promises were made. I don't think there is a single person here who has had a specific promised delivery date unmet. When I placed my order, all it said was production would start in late 2020.

Now, if July goes by and no Model Y, I'd say you have ample reason to complain. They have to start making the RWD versions, but I kinda doubt it will be this quarter. Bummer I know. Hang in there.