Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any Tesla Owners been screwed out of tiger referral miles? Both more friend that referred me and I have been screwed out of 6000 charging miles because rewards said I did not use the link to make my purchase which is not true. After we contacted the real wards team they came up with the excuse we did not use the link and we provided the vin. We’re filing claim with California Department of Consumer Affairs. Happy to add litigant if this has happyto you.

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz
Call me suspicious, but I’m always skeptical of people who sign up for a new account and their very first post is something negative about the company and threatening to file a claim with a state agency. Most of these people never seem to reappear to make a second post. If nothing else I would think a new member would provide a little introductory information about themselves before blasting the company over $70 worth of electricity.

Call me suspicious, but I’m always skeptical of people who sign up for a new account and their very first post is something negative about the company and threatening to file a claim with a state agency. Most of these people never seem to reappear to make a second post. If nothing else I would think a new member would provide a little introductory information about themselves before blasting the company over $70 worth of electricity.
You can be as suspicious as you want the only reason I posted on the forum is due to this issue. Great car poor customer service....

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Has any Tesla Owners been screwed out of tiger referral miles? Both more friend that referred me and I have been screwed out of 6000 charging miles because rewards said I did not use the link to make my purchase which is not true. After we contacted the real wards team they came up with the excuse we did not use the link and we provided the vin. We’re filing claim with California Department of Consumer Affairs. Happy to add litigant if this has happyto you.

#FUD

Reactions: Chancellor32
Well I got my miles however, now they ha e disappeared and now it’s charging me for supercharging. Really sick and tired of this piss poor ass customer they are dealing. Car is great, but I’m starting to think it was a huge mistake buying a second Tesla. It’s been nothing but a nightmare since the second one came home.

Well I got my miles however, now they ha e disappeared and now it’s charging me for supercharging. Really sick and tired of this piss poor ass customer they are dealing. Car is great, but I’m starting to think it was a huge mistake buying a second Tesla. It’s been nothing but a nightmare since the second one came home.

I would take off the credit card till they figure it out (i'm doing that)

I would take off the credit card till they figure it out (i'm doing that)
Cc hasn’t been on file. Our first model 3 has 1 year of free supercharging so we never paid for that. And currently still don’t. Now our performance model 3 had 9300 or so and that’s the one that is saying to add payment. I’m not putting my cc on there. I shouldn’t have to. Like you said it’s a great idea to remove it. Erasure I would rather then wait to get their money vs me waiting to get a refund from them. We all know how shitty Tesla is with refunds

Well I got my miles however, now they have disappeared and now it’s charging me for supercharging. Really sick and tired of this piss poor ass customer they are dealing. Car is great, but I’m starting to think it was a huge mistake buying a second Tesla. It’s been nothing but a nightmare since the second one came home.

Same issue for me. Referral car was delivered 6/9 and I got the 5000 miles in the loot box with some successful (free) supercharging. The loot box miles were correctly ticking down too. Recently, I noticed the loot box no longer has the free miles. I just took a road trip and got charged for each of the 5 stops I made to Supercharge. Hope it's not some dumb Virginia no-referral rule issue...(I see you are from Reston).

What's so ridiculous about this is Telsa telling you YOU should have done something. NO, they should have made sure the free miles were there after promising them. And then to make matters worse, instead of admitting they screwed up they try to place the blame back on you. That is just a TERRIBLE way to do business. I do love the car but I can't in good conscience recommend Tesla to anyone until they learn how to properly treat their customers.

Cc hasn’t been on file. Our first model 3 has 1 year of free supercharging so we never paid for that. And currently still don’t. Now our performance model 3 had 9300 or so and that’s the one that is saying to add payment. I’m not putting my cc on there. I shouldn’t have to. Like you said it’s a great idea to remove it. Erasure I would rather then wait to get their money vs me waiting to get a refund from them. We all know how shitty Tesla is with refunds

I agree. Better to owe them. Let us know if/when they cut you off. Wonder if the debt would affect things like warranty service

Last edited:
I agree. Better to owe them. Let us know if/when they cut you off. Wonder if the debt would affect things like warranty service
Well the update is, they currently no of the issue supposedly. They do not know when it will be fixed. It’s effecting Canada northeast and British Columbia. And they will paid for what you paid for since it was supposed to free. I have the screen shot from the Tesla chat.

P
Same issue for me. Referral car was delivered 6/9 and I got the 5000 miles in the loot box with some successful (free) supercharging. The loot box miles were correctly ticking down too. Recently, I noticed the loot box no longer has the free miles. I just took a road trip and got charged for each of the 5 stops I made to Supercharge. Hope it's not some dumb Virginia no-referral rule issue...(I see you are from Reston).

Va, DOES have a no reward issue. So if your car was bought and registered in VA you will not get the miles. Which really really sucks. However ours cars are MD cars

Well the update is, they currently no of the issue supposedly. They do not know when it will be fixed. It’s effecting Canada northeast and British Columbia. And they will paid for what you paid for since it was supposed to free. I have the screen shot from the Tesla chat.

I called today and spoke to a rude sales rep in AZ that said they would only pay once the referral miles posted not before. But I wouldn't put much credo in what she said. She did say referral dept. was really small. I asked to speak to a manager and she said none avail. She also blamed the DMV for not having plates a month after delivery/ temp tags expiring.

My UMC is having issues too and they said mobile tech would have to come back out since they don't stock it . I'm going to use SC till I can locally as a backup in case they do really cut off.