Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree @Misterbee - I don’t know why the process involves a new person every day that the customer is responsible to get up to speed. Same thing happened with me working with both Tesla and Sunrun.

Tesla handed me off 3 times then just went silent.

I’ve spoken with 8 people at Sunrun now and each time I ask the new person “are you the project manager in this process?” And they always respond the same... no they’re “insert some specialty here” and there is no PM or TPM.

The worst part is when it’s clear the sales guy and engineer aren’t anywhere close to being on the same page. I was sold 24 panels facing southeast and the first engineering draft they sent had 12 panels. Then when we sorted out the PV I got handed over to another engineer who asked “what’s a Tesla Gateway 2?”

So it’s up to the customer to ensure what the sales person promises is the same layout; as what the engineer suggests; as what info gets submitted to the county for permits.

I can only imagine it’s up to the customer to PM this as well when the installers are on site too. How anyone is supposed to get a working system by letting “the experts” handle it is beyond me. Explains why so many negative reviews appear where customers are confused/unhappy with the installed product.

I'm in the market for Solar Panels. Still researching. However, based on some of the comments regarding customer service and response times, it makes me wonder, what sort of "issues" or warranty repairs you've had to deal with? Especially if the install is relatively recent, < 3 years.