Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster features in On Speed Podcast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious programme.

Sort of Top Gear on Helium

Tesla item starts about half way through, just after the skit(?) on F1

Wow, they actually refute the long-tailpipe!

Last edited:
I wouldn't say as populist entertainment as Top Gear - it is clearly aimed at car fans, but I was impressed with the Tesla segment.

They did seem to grasp all the main arguments - e.g. charge times, battery swap and (as Malcolm says) the long tail pipe. I wander how much prompting they got :wink:

They did however think that Roadsters were being completely assembled in the States now.

However, it is a very positive review and discussion - and well worth the download.

It's good that this is aimed at the general petrol head/rev head community and is not just preaching to the choir.

I know a lot of people were impressed with the Tesla's speed on the Top Gear piece, so if this could get the message across to that group that the rest of TG's arguments were flawed, it would be very helpful.

It would be interesting to quietly post this on some regular car forums and see the response (not that I am advocating trolling on other peoples' sites, you understand :wink: :biggrin:)

This is a good point! And seems a reasonable plan.

The only bad thing about it is that a fairly long audio recording is a difficult prospect to get others to listen to. I know I put off listening to it for most of a day before I found time - and I was pre-disposed to wanting to hear it. I wonder if there are any transcripts around?

ETA: It would be nice is someone (Rachel?) could revive the Tesla Mythbusters series as well, for quick URL links of debunking bad info.