TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Roadster features in On Speed Podcast

Discussion in 'News' started by dpeilow, Jan 9, 2009.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Download it from here: Gareth Jones On Speed The Podcast For Petrolheads 78

2. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#2 malcolm, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
    Curious programme.

Sort of Top Gear on Helium

Tesla item starts about half way through, just after the skit(?) on F1

Wow, they actually refute the long-tailpipe!

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I wouldn't say as populist entertainment as Top Gear - it is clearly aimed at car fans, but I was impressed with the Tesla segment.

They did seem to grasp all the main arguments - e.g. charge times, battery swap and (as Malcolm says) the long tail pipe. I wander how much prompting they got :wink:

They did however think that Roadsters were being completely assembled in the States now.

However, it is a very positive review and discussion - and well worth the download.

4. graham

graham Active Member

Finally got a chance to listen to it. I agree, very positive review - but not just a puff piece. It is worth a listen

5. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Yeah, they start like a parody of something but actualy if you listen closesly, there is much substance, much more than it "looks" at a glance.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

It's good that this is aimed at the general petrol head/rev head community and is not just preaching to the choir.

I know a lot of people were impressed with the Tesla's speed on the Top Gear piece, so if this could get the message across to that group that the rest of TG's arguments were flawed, it would be very helpful.

It would be interesting to quietly post this on some regular car forums and see the response (not that I am advocating trolling on other peoples' sites, you understand :wink: :biggrin:)

7. graham

graham Active Member

This is a good point! And seems a reasonable plan.

The only bad thing about it is that a fairly long audio recording is a difficult prospect to get others to listen to. I know I put off listening to it for most of a day before I found time - and I was pre-disposed to wanting to hear it. I wonder if there are any transcripts around?

ETA: It would be nice is someone (Rachel?) could revive the Tesla Mythbusters series as well, for quick URL links of debunking bad info.

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Someone do a test post on Pistonheads.com - I think I've marked my card there as a Tesla supporter already. Dress it up as 'just a car podcast'.

9. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#9 malcolm, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  10. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

11. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Thanks for posting that - I think the bit where he pulls away from the lights half way through demonstrates very well how quick it is :smile: