Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla rolling out new headlights worldwide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the consensus is that 3's get it all first. Bigger battery as well as all the newer features and slowly it rolls out into the Y.

I haven't seen anyone post anything about the new headlights on the 3 though. Do you have any pics ?

That brings up a whole new topic regarding automatic high beam. I had this on 2 vehicles prior to the Y. In general they work well but are far from perfect. I find they tend to miss certain times and blind others. Worst cases are dark intersections approaching a car perpendicular to you at the intersection, they will not dim and they stare at you like a hypnotized deer waiting to be run over. LOL. The only good part about this is he can't flash blind you since his car is facing the wrong way to do so.
I had a 2015 model S with the Mobileye sensor...auto high beams were nearly perfect. Now I have a model Y and they are...ok. I’m constantly checking them to make sure they dim for oncoming traffic.

I take delivery of my Y on Saturday. I have a home charger, but the new lights seem like a big improvement over the outgoing ones. I'm leasing so it's not something that is going to keep me up all night, but the new beam pattern seems very direct with sharp cutoffs.

Will Tesla be shipping cars overseas? I read that the next availability will be in like February or March because they'll be shipping cars overseas at the end of the quarter. I honestly can't wait that long for a car. Turned in my S5 already.

Last edited:
I take delivery of my Y on Saturday. I have a home charger, but the new lights seem like a big improvement over the outgoing ones. I'm leasing so it's not something that is going to keep me up all night, but the new beam pattern seems very direct with sharp cutoffs.

Will Tesla be shipping cars overseas? I read that the next availability will be in like February or March because they'll be shipping cars overseas at the end of the quarter. I honestly can't wait that long for a car. Turned in my S5 already.

Not sure what shipping cars oversea comment is coming from. The only way they will ship Tesla overseas over delivering in US is if there aren’t demands for existing inventory (which is quite possible given the fact they are offering free supercharging)

Keep in mind that Shanghai factory is also delivering to EU..... Overall, the new headlight is going to be amazing. NHTSA rates headlight performance as part of their safety ratings which is no where near as strict as EU counterpart’s. Once again, Tesla is exceeding expectation and meeting guidelines of the future. Ie, Emergency Stop is only becoming a requirement now....

Friend JUSt picked up model 3 in costa mesa with new headlights!

Wonder when the Y will start getting it.

Attachments

• IMG_3533.jpg
    IMG_3533.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Young Phenom