Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla Sales Banned in New Jersey... hopefully not for long!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto dealer associations have awoken the sleeping giant. May this be the beginning of the end to the traditional dealership model, who:

1."protect us" by being the middle man - LOL!
2. generate >50% of their profits from repairing car defects out of warranty
3. add 6-15% to the cost of each car according to research done on this topic

Auto dealer associations have awoken the sleeping giant. May this be the beginning of the end to the traditional dealership model, who:

1."protect us" by being the middle man - LOL!
2. generate >50% of their profits from repairing car defects out of warranty
3. add 6-15% to the cost of each car according to research done on this topic
I agree. Hopefully this is the downward spiral for the dealership model.

They are protecting us from our wallets getting too fat and heavy. Wouldn't wan't that.:tongue:

I agree. Hopefully this is the downward spiral for the dealership model.

They are protecting us from our wallets getting too fat and heavy. Wouldn't wan't that.:tongue:

I think they are starting to figure out that if they keep trying to fight Tesla, they will end up losing and get the franchise laws completely overturned and then GM, Ford and the like will also not have to be forced into a dealership model.

I think they are starting to figure out that if they keep trying to fight Tesla, they will end up losing and get the franchise laws completely overturned and then GM, Ford and the like will also not have to be forced into a dealership model.

Yep. Their greed will be their undoing. They should've kept their mouths shut. This Genie is not going back in the bottle. ;)

'Banned' in NJ means what, exactly, today/next week??

Can a resident of Montvale, NJ still cross the border to NY to visit a Tesla Store and initiate a 'hold my hand' purchase? Or be told to go online and DIY just like they tell all their customers 'thats how it is done today in NY'.

Or can a resident of Cherry Hill, NJ cross the border to Philly and do the above?

Or can both potential buyers just stay at home, go online, and use their chargecard to place their reservation?
--

'Banned' in NJ means what, exactly, today/next week??

Can a resident of Montvale, NJ still cross the border to NY to visit a Tesla Store and initiate a 'hold my hand' purchase? Or be told to go online and DIY just like they tell all their customers 'thats how it is done today in NY'.

Or can a resident of Cherry Hill, NJ cross the border to Philly and do the above?

Or can both potential buyers just stay at home, go online, and use their chargecard to place their reservation?
--

All of the above:)

All it means is that NJ store personnel can't tell you the price.

> All it means is that NJ store personnel can't tell you the price. [Zythryn]

I suspected thats all it was, but I had press-fueled images of NJ Swat Teams emptying out the TM Stores into vans and carting it off to landfills.

And, since you are from MN which transformed Jessie Ventura into a Statesman, why can't NJ do the same with Chuckie Cheese??
--

Last edited:
His Excellency Chris Christie was on "Face the Nation" right before the "60 Minutes" Tesla story. He is pushing hard for a presidential run and spoke of himself as "loved" and REALLY pushed the point that he was a quote "TRUTHTELLER". I felt a little vomit come up in my throat just then. I do hope Tesla "enthusiasts" (I am also an owner VIN 5YJSA1CN5DFP23093) keep writing Christie with their knowledge of his lies ("this will go to the vote of the legislature" "existing law" etc) and let him know we will work to "influence" his campaign.

Tesla Sales Banned in New Jersey

He completely lost any chance if election due to Bridgegate and Tesla. Even if he had nothing to do with either, it's the characters of the people that he hired that did it who nobody likes. Who do you think he'd elect to be in his cabinet? Same schmucks. Nobody will vote for him because he can't even choose trustworthy staff let alone run a country.