Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sales experience going downhill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with the Tysons Corner store in Virginia (WashDC "suburbs") has been very binary: above average service and attention before and during the sale (not too much; perhaps a bit too little), but total silence and indifference after the sale. Some may say, "that's normal; what could/should Tesla be doing after the sale?" and my response would be to look at Cadillac as a model. I've had two, and the dealership would contact me several times a year to ensure everything was going well, make sure I was happy with the car, asked if I needed anything, please stop by for a free wash if you're nearby, etc. Just enough to let me know they cared. Telsa could take a lesson from this. In fact, if they tried, I'm sure they could raise the bar and establish a new post-sale customer service standard.

My experience with the Tysons Corner store in Virginia (WashDC "suburbs") has been very binary: above average service and attention before and during the sale (not too much; perhaps a bit too little), but total silence and indifference after the sale. Some may say, "that's normal; what could/should Tesla be doing after the sale?" and my response would be to look at Cadillac as a model. I've had two, and the dealership would contact me several times a year to ensure everything was going well, make sure I was happy with the car, asked if I needed anything, please stop by for a free wash if you're nearby, etc. Just enough to let me know they cared. Tesla could take a lesson from this. In fact, if they tried, I'm sure they could raise the bar and establish a new post-sale customer service standard.
The Cadillac dealer isn't letting you know they care, they're trying to sell you the next car. Tesla lets you know they care by sending OTA updates thst continually improve the car. Remember Tesla has way fewer employees per car sold than Cadillac dealers. What else do the dealer salespeople have to do while they're sitting around and no one is buying their cars?

My experience with the Tysons Corner store in Virginia (WashDC "suburbs") has been very binary: above average service and attention before and during the sale (not too much; perhaps a bit too little), but total silence and indifference after the sale. Some may say, "that's normal; what could/should Tesla be doing after the sale?" and my response would be to look at Cadillac as a model. I've had two, and the dealership would contact me several times a year to ensure everything was going well, make sure I was happy with the car, asked if I needed anything, please stop by for a free wash if you're nearby, etc. Just enough to let me know they cared. Telsa could take a lesson from this. In fact, if they tried, I'm sure they could raise the bar and establish a new post-sale customer service standard.

If its the benchmark to achieve, why didn't it retain your loyalty?
I agree with you Mustang regarding the opportunity to set a "new post sale service standard" (and Tesla needs to do exactly that), but I hope its not the Cadillac model. Their numbers and brand still need some work. Cadillac Global Sales Surge in June

Cadillac, wasn't most of their market "The Greatest Generation" - not many of those folks left to sell to.

Tesla doesn't need to call me sell me oil changes - I go willingly to check out their cars - in fact I was at Tysons today looking to trade in our two P85's for 90D's... working the details over the next couple of days.

Good feedback, friends. To answer some questions: Cadillac couldn't retain my loyalty when I decided to "buy electric." They do not carry or sell their ELR in the WashDC area (according to Moore Cadillac, which is where I leased my two CTSs). In addition, they didn't call to "sell" oil changes because oil changes are free. And I'm not flagging Cadillac over anything else. I'm simply pointing out that customer service is very, very important to me, especially AFTER the sale. I'm not a member of the greatest generation, but I am 60 years old and appreciate post-sale/service follow-up and periodic (not frequent) communication; be it with cars, home maintenance, health care, etc. It isn't difficult to follow up with a customer after a sale or service is completed, but it does go a long way in promoting customer loyalty and long-term relations. That isn't particularly common in a high-transient area like the WashDC metro and N.VA locations, but it still means a lot to me. 'Nuff said.