Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Salvage Deals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, this is my first post on here! I am interested in rebuilding a salvage Tesla and I have been searching various auction sites trying to find a good deal that I feel comfortable purchasing. So far I have not had much luck so I figured I’d ask you guys where you find good deals on rebuildable salvaged Model 3 and Model S cars. I’m not quite sure if this is the right place for this post to go but please let me know if I should move it. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks in advance.

Hello, this is my first post on here! I am interested in rebuilding a salvage Tesla and I have been searching various auction sites trying to find a good deal that I feel comfortable purchasing. So far I have not had much luck so I figured I’d ask you guys where you find good deals on rebuildable salvaged Model 3 and Model S cars. I’m not quite sure if this is the right place for this post to go but please let me know if I should move it. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and thanks in advance.

You should start with what skills qualify you to attempt such a feat. There's a guy who did this on Youtube, but if you had such skills you ought to be able to afford a Tesla anyways.

You should start with what skills qualify you to attempt such a feat. There's a guy who did this on Youtube, but if you had such skills you ought to be able to afford a Tesla anyways.
to expand on this, re-certifying a salvaged title can be tricky. these vehicles are difficult to insure and even more difficult to sell. if there is any frame damage, the vehicle is probably a complete loss. there are plenty of vehicles out there to choose from, you're definitely not a pioneer in this field.

to expand on this, re-certifying a salvaged title can be tricky. these vehicles are difficult to insure and even more difficult to sell. if there is any frame damage, the vehicle is probably a complete loss. there are plenty of vehicles out there to choose from, you're definitely not a pioneer in this field.

I was thinking more in terms of the high-voltage work and technical expertise, dedication required. If he's got some experience with auto or tech (mechanical/electrical), then great, but its not hard to die fixing a Tesla. Most likely, is people will loose their money.

Watch in the middle of the video where he finds a guy whose paying 17k for a flood damaged Tesla (3:39). Basically he says there's no deals left b/c so many idiots buying things they shouldn't and for 40-50 he could have bought a used car.

Last edited:
A lot of the salvage Teslas are also going to Ukraine, Poland, etc where there are shops that specialize in rebuilding them.

Auction prices are hilariously absurd for crashed Teslas, and parts and software are hard to come by unless you know the right people it have a lot of dedication. I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: ElectricTravel
I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing as a ‘hobby’. I’ve been looking on Copart and IAA for something with mostly superficial body issues. Not touching anything with water or deployed airbags. That, or an old beetle or karmann gia I could save to convert...

setauket auto wreckers in long island ny sells salvage teslas

I looked into this at one point and even recently passed on an already repaired Model 3 LR RWD for a steal with a serious case of cell imbalance that makes it refuse to charge past 40%..

Absolutely not worth the aggravation if your time is worth anything but if you have tons of spare time and patience it can potentially make for a “cheap” cost of entry. All I can say is buyer beware and be prepared to part the car out piece by piece if you just can’t make the pieces fit together properly against a similarly specced used example for a good price — they are out there if you look hard enough.